American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to see the complacent liberals who are so right and smug about everything wringing their hands in shock and despair.

They're not the only ones!

The message Trump peddled was protectionist i.e. "Move your production facility to Mexico and if I get elected I will tax the bollox out of any product you try and ship to the US of A." In places that are hurting like car manufacture it's exactly what they want to hear. Will it save their jobs? Personally I doubt it.

I also expect those in the bottom tiers will get hit hardest as he cuts welfare - just like Reagan did.

A protectionist US of A - what a truly excellent time to leave the EU...!

Seems like an opportune time to leave the EU. We'll have a President of the world's largest economy who has extensive interests in the UK, who understands how business operates and is openly enthusiastic about dealing with us.

Whilst on the other side of the channel we have a self imploding political union battling a migrant crisis and the largest economy on the continent, Germany, has it's largest companies refusing to invest in their own economy for fear of it's future.

I think a 'protectionist' Trump might be very selective and not be as bad as you think for us.

who understands how business operates

You know he has been bankrupted several times (4 I believe), had to close several high profile business because they performed poorly and is being investigated for the fraudulent nature of Trump University?

He would have made more money leaving his inheritance, that's right he isn't a rag to riches story, in savings.

You know he has been bankrupted several times (4 I believe), had to close several high profile business because they performed poorly and is being investigated for the fraudulent nature of Trump University?

He would have made more money leaving his inheritance, that's right he isn't a rag to riches story, in savings.

He does run plenty of successful businesses though. And bankruptcy can happen to anyone, as those in business will know. Been pretty bloody close myself.

He does run plenty of successful businesses though. And bankruptcy can happen to anyone, as those in business will know. Been pretty bloody close myself.

There are far more successful and less odious Tycoons about.

It's good to see the complacent liberals who are so right and smug about everything wringing their hands in shock and despair.

They're not the only ones!

The message Trump peddled was protectionist i.e. "Move your production facility to Mexico and if I get elected I will tax the bollox out of any product you try and ship to the US of A." In places that are hurting like car manufacture it's exactly what they want to hear. Will it save their jobs? Personally I doubt it.

I also expect those in the bottom tiers will get hit hardest as he cuts welfare - just like Reagan did.

A protectionist US of A - what a truly excellent time to leave the EU...!

Seems like an opportune time to leave the EU. We'll have a President of the world's largest economy who has extensive interests in the UK, who understands how business operates and is openly enthusiastic about dealing with us.

Whilst on the other side of the channel we have a self imploding political union battling a migrant crisis and the largest economy on the continent, Germany, has it's largest companies refusing to invest in their own economy for fear of it's future.

I think a 'protectionist' Trump might be very selective and not be as bad as you think for us.

if sir nige gets the job we will be quids in unlike merkel, i would love to see her face if he does get he job

Archived