American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion we no longer have any clear distinction between left and right anymore, just the lunatic fringes at the far end of each spectrum and the rest of society who just wants to get along.

I find that impossible to believe!

In the UK the right-wing don't give a stuff about the most disadvantaged in society because most of them are workshy scroungers who have brought themselves down etc etc hence IDS's universal credit horlicks, the rise in child poverty, VAT up, zero-hours contracts being used to dodge basic workers benefits etc etc which is why I will never vote for them. Conversely the left-wing have this holistic approach to social welfare which seems to me to encourage exclusion etc etc which is why I will never vote for them. Well, that and the fact that currently they are pretty much unelectable anyway.

However a crucial measure of how civilised a society is comes down to how well they care for their most disadvantaged citizens. So my leanings are definitely liberal.

See this is what I have an issue with. I feel a crucial measure of how civilised a society appears is how well they care for all citizens, not just the disadvantaged.

I don't consider myself disadvantaged nor poor, I've just worked hard to get where I am which is a position of relative security. However I take issue with being thrown overboard by a society that isn't interested in me and what I think, just what I can contribute by way of taxation so our overlords can go on trying to build a utopian nightmare which no-one asked for nor the majority want.

He's going to need to spend the first couple of years just trying to understand how the world works.

That is if he isn't in jail for fraud or child rape before then...

No doubt the powerful lobbies who don't like the result will be working on it; just like they are trying to worm out of Brexit.

He's going to need to spend the first couple of years just trying to understand how the world works.

That is if he isn't in jail for fraud or child rape before then...

No doubt the powerful lobbies who don't like the result will be working on it; just like they are trying to worm out of Brexit.

You mean the election that Trump rather loudly and publicly claimed was rigged against him?

In my opinion we no longer have any clear distinction between left and right anymore, just the lunatic fringes at the far end of each spectrum and the rest of society who just wants to get along.

I find that impossible to believe!

In the UK the right-wing don't give a stuff about the most disadvantaged in society because most of them are workshy scroungers who have brought themselves down etc etc hence IDS's universal credit horlicks, the rise in child poverty, VAT up, zero-hours contracts being used to dodge basic workers benefits etc etc which is why I will never vote for them. Conversely the left-wing have this holistic approach to social welfare which seems to me to encourage exclusion etc etc which is why I will never vote for them. Well, that and the fact that currently they are pretty much unelectable anyway.

However a crucial measure of how civilised a society is comes down to how well they care for their most disadvantaged citizens. So my leanings are definitely liberal.

See this is what I have an issue with. I feel a crucial measure of how civilised a society appears is how well they care for all citizens, not just the disadvantaged.

I don't consider myself disadvantaged nor poor, I've just worked hard to get where I am which is a position of relative security. However I take issue with being thrown overboard by a society that isn't interested in me and what I think, just what I can contribute by way of taxation so our overlords can go on trying to build a utopian nightmare which no-one asked for nor the majority want.

Errr excuse me but from your post it's very obvious that you are more than capable of looking after yourself and no doubt have done so for some considerable time.

As to your unspecified "overlords" well, you voted for them....

Perhaps instead of asking yourself the question "What can my country do for me?" you should be asking yourself the question "What can I do for my country?"

What we have seen is the rise of sleazy, lying, self-serving individuals who seem to be able to peddle the most outrageous untruths and simply get away with it.

The reality is it's all bollocks...

It has always been thus. Dirty politics is not a new phenomena.

Of course. But I've never seen untruths peddled so blatantly a la Gove, Johnson and Trump! Well, not in my lifetime anyway.

What we have seen is the rise of sleazy, lying, self-serving individuals who seem to be able to peddle the most outrageous untruths and simply get away with it.

Of course. But I've never seen untruths peddled so blatantly a la Gove, Johnson and Trump! Well, not in my lifetime anyway.

Its okay...that £350 million a week into the NHA will make all the difference....oh wait...

What about "The EEC is simply a trading area involving no loss of national sovereignty"? That one takes a bit of beating!

Its okay...that £350 million a week into the NHA will make all the difference....oh wait...

I am surprised that the Brexiteers have let this criticism take hold. They never actually said that this amount would all be spent on the NHS.

What about "The EEC is simply a trading area involving no loss of national sovereignty"? That one takes a bit of beating!

I know. Like the EU legislation forcing employers to give all employees a minimum of four weeks paid holiday a year.

Bastards!

I am surprised that the Brexiteers have let this criticism take hold. They never actually said that this amount would all be spent on the NHS.

And if it was it'd be a grave mistake and just wasting even more money on a broken system unfit for purpose.

I know. Like the EU legislation forcing employers to give all employees a minimum of four weeks paid holiday a year.

Bastards!

We are talking about lies here. What has that to do with it? But I agree that the EU is very good at spending other people's money.

Bastards!

We are talking about lies here. What has that to do with it? But I agree that the EU is very good at spending other people's money.

Keep sucking those lemons.....

Archived