American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its okay...that £350 million a week into the NHA will make all the difference....oh wait...

I am surprised that the Brexiteers have let this criticism take hold. They never actually said that this amount would all be spent on the NHS.

As I've probably said before I voted remain but accept that the decision was leave, I really wish they would just get on with it now as the delay and uncertainty isn't good for anyone. In respect of the £350m on the NHS it is well known that the campaign bus looked like this:

I160617_192420_3110616oTextTRMRMMGLPICT0

Whilst technically it doesn't say that the £350m (a somewhat debunked figure anyway) should go to the NHS it certainly was emotively written to be readily interpreted that way. That is what I really didn't like about the whole referendum, the way both sides tried to use fear and lies to support their campaigns rather than actually telling the truth.

No answer, resort to a quip. Very good.

Errr have you forgotten we're leaving the EU???

What a delicious irony if worthwhile legislation like the holiday, hours worked, rest days etc all get repealed and thicko Brexit voters lose out.

@ PK: There you go again with the insults of those who don't agree with you. Comes from having it all your own way for too long.

Nowhere on that bus does it say the entire amount will be spent on the NHS.

Your comment about both sides ramping it up is spot on.

@ PK: There you go again with the insults of those who don't agree with you. Comes from having it all your own way for too long.

Your comment about both sides ramping it up is spot on.

I said that, but surely you must accept it is written in a somewhat emotive and potentially ambiguous way? Some people must have read that and thought they meant that the money was going to be redirected to the NHS. Of course they could have simply said we send the EU £50m a day, lets spend it on ourselves.

Dear me, talk about pedantic - "Nowhere on that bus does it say the entire amount will be spent on the NHS " - so fucking what. The message is clear enough.....

LBC's James O'Brien takes issue with yet another thicko Brexiteer this time over EU vs UK law and the court ruling - hilarious :

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexit-leave-voter-british-law-caller/

Big news: There are a lot of thick people. ermm.gif

Neither side has a monopoly on that.

I'd agree with that.

Who wouldn't agree with it???

However if you're not the sharpest knife in the block your chances of sorting the wheat from the chaff are somewhat diminished shall we say.

So personally and for the above reason I believe we have a right to expect a better level of behaviour from our politicos than that demonstrated in the recent past....

What we have seen is the rise of sleazy, lying, self-serving individuals who seem to be able to peddle the most outrageous untruths and simply get away with it.

The reality is it's all bollocks...

It has always been thus. Dirty politics is not a new phenomena.

Of course. But I've never seen untruths peddled so blatantly a la Gove, Johnson and Trump! Well, not in my lifetime anyway.

Its okay...that £350 million a week into the NHA will make all the difference....oh wait...

I am surprised that the Brexiteers have let this criticism take hold. They never actually said that this amount would all be spent on the NHS.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-a7102831.html

What we have seen is the rise of sleazy, lying, self-serving individuals who seem to be able to peddle the most outrageous untruths and simply get away with it.

The reality is it's all bollocks...

It has always been thus. Dirty politics is not a new phenomena.

Of course. But I've never seen untruths peddled so blatantly a la Gove, Johnson and Trump! Well, not in my lifetime anyway.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-a7102831.html

Which absolutely proves my point. Thanks, rmanx.

And if it was it'd be a grave mistake and just wasting even more money on a broken system unfit for purpose.

There are some who would very much disagree with that: http://campervanliving.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/our-precious-your-precious-everyones.html

I'm sure they would and the NHS does it's best to care for everyone equally to the best of it's ability. However it doesn't work as it should. It's a huge top heavy behemoth which has outgrown itself and needs reforming badly but can't because of too many vested interests. It was set up with the best intentions but for every good news story there are dozens of horror stories.

Let the free market drive up standards of care and expertise and let a national health procurement department buy in these services as and when needed. Let competition drive down cost to the taxpayer, let's get accountability back into healthcare and set free the many thousands of trough feeders and suits from the public payroll and into the real world to let the market judge their worth, freeing up the taxpayer from picking up their salaries, pay-offs, perks and pensions.

Archived