American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

As soon as I heard about how the delegate and super delegate system works, I did a little chortle to myself at the greatest "democracy" in the world, but caught myself when I remember the UKs "first past the post" bollocks.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elizabeth Warren takes a really strong stand against the casual racism, bullying and entitlement shown by Donald Trump.

Is this the same Elizabeth Warren who lied about being Native American in order to get into Harvard? The woman is also a hypocrite. Look up her record as a lawyer. Look at how angry and emotional she is. Not fit to be president or anywhere near the red button.

She didn't lie about her heritage, she fully admitted it was oral family history, she didn't use it for job applications: she defined her race as white; and she is a world expert on bankruptcy being one of the world's most sited academics on the subject.

Trump thinks it's a good idea to racially mock her.

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/16/11684776/elizabeth-warren-pocahontas

Seeing a pattern, anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Elizabeth Warren takes a really strong stand against the casual racism, bullying and entitlement shown by Donald Trump.

Is this the same Elizabeth Warren who lied about being Native American in order to get into Harvard? The woman is also a hypocrite. Look up her record as a lawyer. Look at how angry and emotional she is. Not fit to be president or anywhere near the red button.

Why is it only women politicians get criticism for being emotional?

Well, Hillary has at least become the first women ever to be selected by a major political party in the United States to run for president.

Highlights the sexism in US society - no women has even been selected before now to run.

She's a poor campaigner and Trump has wrong footed the most slick Republican politicians so who knows if she'll actually win, but simply gaining the nomination is an advance for women's rights.

Strange because more women than men actually use their vote in the US and of those women a 15% majority will vote Democrat.

Well, a sword of Damocles hanging over Hilary has been removed with a slap on the wrists from the FBI for her email carelessness.

It won't be the end of the issue and no doubt Trump et al will still try to make hay about her private server, but it won't effect her campaign nearly as much as an indictment would.

It does say something about her attitude towards privacy and security. She acted with impunity with issues of national security.

• 3 weeks later...

lord charles was bad enough but that kid in front of the don is just about the most sinister looking ventriloquists puppet i have ever seen in my entire life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3702614/We-country-generosity-warmth-country-law-order-Donald-Trump-vows-rid-America-crime-violence-accepts-Republican-nomination-wild-applause.html

Archived