American Presidential Elections 2016

Chinahand

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he wants the co-founder of the WWF (wrestling not pandas), "sleeping while awake" Ben Carson, and an Attorney General as the head of the EPA (who just so happens to be a claim change denier, big coal industry lobbyist and is (and has several times) suing the EPA) to have positions on his administration.

And apparently this administration will be the "wealthiest" on record if Drumpf has his way...so much for "draining the swamp".

This would be entertaining if it wasn't so bloody tragic...

It's pretty entertaining to watch. It won't be a boring presidency, not when republicans own both the Senate and house. I really do wonder which new country he's going to order bombed first

Yet, the Republicans didn't really want him. He isn't conservative in the way they'd like him to be.

Doubt he'll start any new wars...just carry on the same ones that Bush started/Obama continued.

• 4 years later...
On 11/3/2016 at 11:19 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

Trump is a dangerous fuckwit who shouldn't be allowed any control over nuclear weapons.

8th Jan 2021

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike," Nancy Pelosi

And who says Americans are a bit slow on the uptake?

This was discussed a bit in the interview I saw with Trump's former National Security advisor, John Bolton.

He dismissed it saying, "The Pentagon moves slow enough when it's doing what it wants to do. If Trump tried to direct it to do anything remotely illegal, it would take its time examining the orders and move even slower".

Trump's only got 12 days to push at best.

Archived