The Young and their Bank Accounts

Gee Cee

The charity delivers a range of topics in school. Learning/educating on money is one of them.

" Does anyone actually monitor what they're actually teaching the kids? Hopefully they're not being primed for future credit sprees."

No, they just rock up and saying any old fucking shit that comes into their head at the time. <sigh>

Having seen the content of what is delivered I think it's really quite good.

I didn't realise every charity must be a front fror evading tax. Thanks for clarifying that.thumbsup.gif

DOn't suppose you know the name of the charity do you?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, and notably they educate in NOT getting into debt.

They require £300,000 a year???

And supported by HSBC?

They're supported by a whole host of people/organisations. I guess you need to be to deliver a large amount of programmes into schools and all that goes with it.

Is it a bad thing that HSBC are supporting it in some form?

You may wish to do a search for HSBC debt suicide. They are not a lovely happy charity company, and not an organisation I'd ever actually want to deal with. Their association with a charity that teaches kids how not to get in debt is a bit like Thorntons supporting a charity that discourages the consumption of chocolate.

I'm trying to get my head round a yearly cost of £300,000 just on the IOM. That compares to several full time teachers with a class for every single school period of the day.

You may wish to do a search for HSBC debt suicide. They are not a lovely happy charity company, and not an organisation I'd ever actually want to deal with. Their association with a charity that teaches kids how not to get in debt is a bit like Thorntons supporting a charity that discourages the consumption of chocolate.

I'm trying to get my head round a yearly cost of £300,000 just on the IOM. That compares to several full time teachers with a class for every single school period of the day.

Fucking hell, there is no pleasing some people.

The fact of the matter is that an organisation is in schools, making a difference educating people in plenty of things (not just understanding "debt").

Why would I want to research HSBC debt suicide (like they are different from any other bank) ? <sigh> I take it you don't use a bank then? whatever.gif

"I'm trying to get my head round a yearly cost of £300,000 just on the IOM. That compares to several full time teachers with a class for every single school period of the day."

No it doesn't. That is taking a simplistic linear view. it's a bit like saying you and i earn £20k each working for a company therefore the cost for the entire operation is £40k a year. It's not.

£300k isn't that much when you consider that there are staff, premises, and every other overhead you care to mention in delivering programmes throughout schools across the island at all ages.

Fucking hell, there is no pleasing some people.

The fact of the matter is that an organisation is in schools, making a difference educating people in plenty of things (not just understanding "debt").

Why would I want to research HSBC debt suicide (like they are different from any other bank) ? <sigh> I take it you don't use a bank then? whatever.gif

You are completely irony blind aren't you?

Archived