Double standards?

manxb&b

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earnestly swept under the carpet by police and politicians, alike. All in the interests of "social-cohesion". Dennis McShane, MP, openly admitting his liberal-left leanings were to blame for his failing to act sooner. Social workers ordered to not mention the proliferation of Asian men against whom these crimes were levelled.

There are many failing's highlighted in that article, including once again, the prosecutor's (Nazir Afzal, a muslim himself) naive and distractive claim that the exploitation, abduction, gang-rape and violence perpetrated by men of one particular ethnic origin against young girls of another ethnic origin, "has nothing to do with Islam".

In the minds of those locals and others involved, this has everything to do with Islam.

I'm glad that Tarne made that post, although I don't necessarily agree with it.

The problem surrounding all these child abuse accusations, is we need to decide what we mean by a child.

The usual way of doing this is to set an age of consent. People under that age are treated as children and need protecting. People who have reached that age are deemed to know what they are doing.

Well the fact of the matter is - people are different.

As Tarne says, some 15 year olds have probably had more experience than anyone on this forum, and they are quite capable of looking after themselves. On the other hand, I'm sure that we all know some adults who are very naïve, and could do with some of the protection that we afford to children.

To label someone a monster, just because they have been making approaches to a 15 year old is just too simplistic.

There is no easy answer to this.

The answer is don't go after 15 year olds. he might avoid a jail sentence but grooming is a serious offence so if he does avoid jail he us a lucky guy

The reason an arbitrary age is "set" for the age of consent is to allow making a case easier.

15 years, 11 months and 29 days....you're a bad person and you're up before the bench

16 years, 0 months and 1 day...you're creepy but a free person.

If it hadn't been a muslim man who shot all those people in San Bernadino would the FBI be wanting to crack into phones and would it be described as a terrorist attack or a massacre?

Oh wait...

So... is it ok for me as a 48 year old married man to try to shag a 25 year old barmaid? Of course.

Is it of for me as a 48 year old married man to try shag a 15/16/17 year old?

No.

Er...actually Allan, the answer to both questions is 'no'.

Actually the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second question is yes IF you don't have any sexual interactions with the 15 year old.

If you find a younger consenting partner over the age of consent then the law does not give two monkeys about the age gap.

Now morally that may seem weird and creepy but legally it's not an issue.

So... is it ok for me as a 48 year old married man to try to shag a 25 year old barmaid? Of course.

No.

Er...actually Allan, the answer to both questions is 'no'.

Actually the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second question is yes IF you don't have any sexual interactions with the 15 year old.

If you find a younger consenting partner over the age of consent then the law does not give two monkeys about the age gap.

Now morally that may seem weird and creepy but legally it's not an issue.

Tweek said "No" because ScotsAlan is married.

... but even so it still comes down to a moral decision as long as the other party is over the age of consent.

Yeah, right. So if a gorgeous, hot, over-the-age-of-consent teenie wants to shag you are you really saying you'd have to consider the morality of the occasion before you got your kit off?

How old are you, 91 ..?

Remember this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1266664/Mandy-Smith-I-DID-sleep-Bill-Wyman-I-14--man-life-God.html

Bill Wyman and Wendy Smith.

There was another episode in the the 60's. Some American singer married a 13 year old in the American South, He was banned from bringing her to the UK. Cant rembemer the name. Jerry something..

It is wrong. Totally wrong.

There has to be a line. Take ex Falkirk MP Eric Joyce. He alledgedly had an affair with a 17 year old:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2113226/Teen-lover-MP-Eric-Joyce-reveals-clumsy-surreal-attempts-seduction.html

Older people have a natural responsibilty to nuture the young, to prepare them for life. Not to nuture them for their own selfish sexual greed. But hold on. What about this story, about a female teacher taking advantage of a male pupil:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568580/Woman-schoolteacher-love-schoolboy-led-bed-narrowly-dodges-jail-sentence.html

People in authority always have an opportunity to abuse. I think the UK law is just. It makes sense. And it protects the vulnerable. People with authority should be held to account.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-osbornes-psychiatrist-brother-struck-7353480

No.

You've got this wrong Alan. The rule for finding a younger model is age/2+7, so you need a 31 year old.

Archived