"Isle of Sham" makes Canadian news headlines (again)

PeterInCanada

OK, O you of little faith, how about visiting my Facebook page which is here:

https://www.facebook.com/Dr.PeterGray

Now, I know this doesn't prove anything, and the guy who wrote the Facebook page could be the same anonymous guy (or girl?) who is pretending to be PeterinCanada, and they could well be someone completely different, or indeed, two completely different people. But you may notice certain similarities, i.e. they are both called Peter, they both live in Canada and they are both planning to leave Canada in June...

I don't want to be too rude, but, are you in the same line of medicine as Dr Harold Shipman ? That facebook page does not put a lot of confidence in me personally. That post above does not sound like a GP speaking TBH.

...That facebook page does not put a lot of confidence in me personally...

I know exactly what you mean; it looks a bit amateurish doesn't it? But what you have to understand is that there are very significant cultural differences between general practice in Canada vs the UK / IOM. Canadian docs, generally speaking, are about 30 years behind UK docs in terms of information technology.

For example, here's the Ramsey Group Practice website: http://www.rgp.im/ which is a good example of the genre. In contrast, almost no Canadian GPs have their own websites, and a lot of them are still hand-writing their notes because they don't even have computerised patient records.

If we had a practice website with a "news" section (like the Ramsey Group Practice) I would have posted the information about my departure there. But as we don't, and as I wasn't prepared to spend the time and money setting up a whole new website just to tell people I was going, the Facebook page was the next best thing.

If general practice in Canada is 30 years behind the Isle of Man then I feel for Canadians who have the misfortune to fall ill.

Canadian docs, generally speaking, are about 30 years behind UK docs...

Wow, you mean we're getting a doctor 25 years ahead of the Isle of Man?

I'd like a second opinion when you get here, I'm convinced this black pudding poultice and the six leeches living under it isn't helping my acne at all.

Archived