No, Please No

Speckled Frost

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know more about the witch.

As long as no ugly estates get build round Dalby area, that being my favourite spot.

When all that currently makes the island charming is its scenery and fast-fading cultural idiosyncrasies, with more houses getting built and more people moving over at ever quickening rates what would be left? Not talking about patriotism here.

I prseume it is in the large field at the back of Scarlett road upto the rear of the school - if you look at the road there is that strange blank wall blocking an entrance road that was originally intended to lead into a development but that was I think stopped by a preservation order on the old farm , one of the bungalows has been owned by the developers for several years so they can knock it down and use the ground as an entrance road - no doubt the views over the bay will be great but yet another stretch (albeit small) of coastline will be lost - meanwhile the 'temporary' car park is still undeveloped and the historic houses in the Parade allow to deteriorate until they must be demolished and Castletown can join Ramsey and Douglas as a prime exmple of the beauty of modern architecture

it's sad; scarlett is one of the island's most beautiful places and having 41 pre-fabbed kit-homes thrown up over a week or two will ruin the area but I doubt there's little you can do; as LDV said earlier new development is totally changing peel; the new development there is set to result in a wide band surrounding the whole town from north to south. The profit margins on these houses are so high, the market could conceivably drop 30% or the houses remain unsold for five years and the developer would still make money! There are so many places in towns which could be developed but there is little political will to make it happen. Full credit to those developers focusing on redeveloping existing properties and forgoing the 'easy' money buying a field or two...

Talking about the witch - I just head that there was a witchy type woman that would roam around Scarlett and I swear down that one day me an my mate were walking down there, we had just nicked some sheeps turnips from the field thinkin that we could take them home and eat them, when we looked toward those derelict houses and we both saw i figure in like a klu klux klan outfit except in black! we both just shizzit ourselves and ran!

But you know that place is very creepy at dusk, and the sea rolls in, it gets all misty!!! well creepy but beautifuly magical! SOS - houses should not be built!

• 1 year later...

Archived