Brussels Attacks

Rhumsaa

Looks like the media black out on using the words "Islam" or "muslim" is in effect. The best descriptor we got was "arabic shouting" and that was it.

We're fucked if we can't even say the word.

http://news.sky.com/story/1664446/deadly-attacks-hit-brussels-airport-and-metro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35869254

Why on earth would the media use the word "Islam" or "Muslim" to describe people who as yet have not been identified? It's not a media blackout for fuck's sake. I think the tin foil hat is stopping your brain from breathing properly.

Who else do you fucking think it is,the papal guard,more PC neolib tree hugging shite.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the media black out on using the words "Islam" or "muslim" is in effect. The best descriptor we got was "arabic shouting" and that was it.

We're fucked if we can't even say the word.

http://news.sky.com/story/1664446/deadly-attacks-hit-brussels-airport-and-metro

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35869254

Why on earth would the media use the word "Islam" or "Muslim" to describe people who as yet have not been identified? It's not a media blackout for fuck's sake. I think the tin foil hat is stopping your brain from breathing properly.

Who else do you fucking think it is,the papal guard,more PC neolib tree hugging shite.

It doesn't matter who we think it is, if the media starts spouting off guesses they're going to get fined and the writers involved will be sacked. Fuck me you're thick.

Is there something intrinsic about Islam which will stop this happening? I don't think so, though it is going to be a long struggle against the nut-jobs who see religion as the most important thing possible.

The whole killing people for leaving the religion thing probably contributes. Even the ones who get over the childhood indoctrination daren't question it publicly. No doubt Christianity was like that too hundreds of years ago. Maybe we should replace the bombs with ecstasy tablets and Sasha mixtapes.

all that will happen is people will express outrage. people will change their Facebook profile to a Belgian flag. refugees will be blamed and in a weeks time it will be forgotten until the next attack.

"attack"

Some people are obsessed by religion - there is a clear trend of people becoming less obsessed.

I don't agree. Only in our little cocoon is this the case and it is likely to be transitory because zealotry defeats passivity every time. It has been so for thousands of years and I don't see it changing. They know what they stand for and are happy to die for it. We don't and are not. It is not a matter of intelligence or education either. Humans appear to be hardwired for belief in something greater Some Jihadists are very well educated and as we know some were brought up in the West. The educated ones manipulate the simple foot soldiers. The only advance has been in the horror of the available weapons.

I wonder if the government were conducting anti-terror drills, on or around the same time / location.. Terrorists seem to have an uncanny skill at timing their attacks with the government drills. I guess time will tell, but please keep an eye out for such drills in the coming days ahead.

all that will happen is people will express outrage. people will change their Facebook profile to a Belgian flag. refugees will be blamed and in a weeks time it will be forgotten until the next attack.

I'm not sure what you expect really. Europe has a population over 300 million. In the grand scheme of things do you expect it to transform people's lives?

PJ ORourke came up with the phrase Acceptable Level of Violence. Politicians attempt to manage this to achieve their geo-political objectives.

We are a very risk averse society and don't accept very much disruption to our comforts. Lots of people think Merkel et al have seriously f'ed-up their policies and the result will be violence well beyond the acceptable level. We'll just have to wait and see how policy decisions work themselves out!

Syria should be a huge geopolitical issue, but shows Europe's lack of power - Obama is disinterested, the Republicans becoming Isolationist, Russia meddles for its own interests with China and various proxies seeing how they can gain advantage.

Huge mess - Europe would be indifferent if they just killed each other in isolation - think Congo - but if we get into the hundreds of casualties in multiple countries, not unfeasible, things could get very complicated indeed.

I wonder if the government were conducting anti-terror drills, on or around the same time / location.. Terrorists seem to have an uncanny skill at timing their attacks with the government drills. I guess time will tell, but please keep an eye out for such drills in the coming days ahead.

It's reassuring in dangerous times how everyone still brings their default perspective to a thing.

322 add them all up and it makes 7. Divide the 22 by 2 attacks and you get 11.

7-11 typical an 'American' corporation, eh? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Or if you switch it around 11-7

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
We need to build an ark.

I'm not sure what you expect really. Europe has a population over 300 million. In the grand scheme of things do you expect it to transform people's lives?

PJ ORourke came up with the phrase Acceptable Level of Violence. Politicians attempt to manage this to achieve their geo-political objectives.

We are a very risk averse society and don't accept very much disruption to our comforts. Lots of people think Merkel et al have seriously f'ed-up their policies and the result will be violence well beyond the acceptable level. We'll just have to wait and see how policy decisions work themselves out!

Syria should be a huge geopolitical issue, but shows Europe's lack of power - Obama is disinterested, the Republicans becoming Isolationist, Russia meddles for its own interests with China and various proxies seeing how they can gain advantage.

Huge mess - Europe would be indifferent if they just killed each other in isolation - think Congo - but if we get into the hundreds of casualties in multiple countries, not unfeasible, things could get very complicated indeed.

don't really expect anything. people have killed each other for religious reasons since the dawn of time and will continue long after we have shuffled off this earth

Archived