Question For Rog And Pk

Bill Posters

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It ends here for me (a small k in the title, I mean, really) but OK let's have some positive things:

The Goverment (oops)

The clean beaches (aaaah)

The price of everything (oh well, I suppose Rog can afford it)

The serenity of Douglas prom on a Saturday night (Who're you looking at?)

The cliffs, moors, mountains, the incredible air clarity, Okells, the way the sea constantly shifts, the smell of salt, Okells, Manx Lamb (BBQ'd preferably), tomatoes you can still taste, Okells, notices that proclaim "The Papers are IN", memories and all the rest of it.

Every time I land at yet another god-forsaken airport they always announce "Welcome to the cess-pit of the Universe where the local time is one hour ahead at whatever it is". It always makes me smile as I imagine them saying "Welcome to The Isle of Man where the local time is at least 50 years ago".

That'll do for me.

Even the UK Government sees the Island as a Dump, it wanted to use the Calf of Man for Sellafields waste

What?

Source?

And a Prison.

I suppose that would work. Stick the pedophiles on top of the nuclear waste. Then you can always keep track of them since they'd glow in the dark.

Even the UK Government sees the Island as a Dump, it wanted to use the Calf of Man for Sellafields waste

What?

Source?

C'mon Declan you know better than to ask FRMC that.....

Edited to add it would appear that he has a sense of humour after all..and can type quicker than me!

Yeah I it is the same for me. The island has its good points and it has its bad points.

I hate it when people write off the island completely based on a fleeting knowledge of what it is like, though I also cannot stand the underdog stance of a lot of Islanders who go crackers at any sort of well-placed criticism.

I agree with all the points you make about the island and can add more. Though does it matter really in the end. We be in Liverpool or Dublin or anywhere and do the same.

For someone like me I am aware of oppression enough to say the island is too homophobic and insular for me to feel at home but I sorely miss the island and love going back and am trying to bring my friends over to show them what it is like.

There are current trends on the island that I think are making the place worse to live in and some that are making it better. I personally am not ready to move back yet but home is where the heart is (think I am gonna barf with the use of that cliche)

I don't know if someone can answer for me with any assuredness but is the finance sector destined to dissapear on the island soon? Hear so much talk about it

It ends here for me (a small k in the title, I mean, really)

That's the silly way in which this board capitalises every first letter in the title and lowercases the rest, seeemingly with the exception of two letter words

So they did.

We were the Calf was one of 537 places considered. That must mean there are 536 places in the UK that the UK Government thought were dumps also.

Anyway it is not my birthday, I think you are confusing me with Ant.

So they did.

We were the Calf was one of 537 places considered. That must mean there are 536 places in the UK that the UK Government thought were dumps also.

Anyway it is not my birthday, I think you are confusing me with Ant.

Does it matter, how can the UK even think of using manx soil for a toxic dump site, of for the site of a new prison, have we not got enough crap on our plate as it is

Archived