Not a tax haven.

IOMRS97

It comes under the classification of Empire Maintenance.

This is post- Empire Building. It's just upkeeping the created structure. And the more pumped-up the job titles are, the more justification there is for the posts.

IoM taxpayers are paying to keep egos in top jobs, simple as that. The fact that the £350M pa wage bill now exceeds tax revenue is a mere bagatelle. We are seriously screwed.

• Like 1

Barrie: So the super-rich Greek shipping magnates paid indirectly for your upbringing and education. I have to ask you mate: Where did it all go wrong ?

You don't get to be a top class bog cleaner without some decent money behind you

True! Must be true! My last job in 2008 was at the Villa Marina and the cleaners then got £10 an hour pensionable.. More than many shiny bums in the Finance Sector and with longer guaranteed service...So add the bog cleaners' pensions to your liabilities....Now I have been retired eight years! Deep joy! (With apologies to Prof. Stanley Unwin)

Woolley's right about independence. The finance industry are only here because we're ultimately backed by British sovereignty and the pound. They'd be gone in five minutes if we went fully independent. It's a dead duck argument for fools and romantics - like Gawne.

The most sensible man ever! Carve it up in stone!

I love government job titles. I think there must be a team that just thinks them up. Here are a couple of current ads. Financial Intelligence!!w00t.gif

Assistant Tree Officer - Limited Term (2 years)

We are looking for a highly motivated, suitably qualified and enthusiastic person to work with our Arboriculture Team based in the Department's Forestry, Amenity and Lands Directorate as an Assistant Tree Officer. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a proven track record in the arboricultural or forestry industry looking to gain wider experience and contribute to the development of services at a time of considerable change.

Director of Financial Intelligence Unit

We are seeking a strong leader who is qualified to the highest professional level and is suitably experienced in a relevant legal, financial or intelligence discipline and can develop this newly created unit to achieve a world class standard of effectiveness in their field.

Salary: £79,537 to £99,317

Ah ... the phrase so beloved by HR and their ilk. Do they think this makes them sound clever or sophisticated? Or are they hoping to attract really high quality candidates ( like Reynolds and Longworth maybe ). Well, we're all actually in the world I suppose ... so that makes us all 'world class' - job done - Hurrah !

But wait, another £99,317 , plus the salaries of all those in the new 'unit' - nice to see the cutbacks in full swing then.

Edited by Loombucket

External Relations Team

The External Relations team is as follows:

• Della Fletcher, Executive Director External Relations
  • Richard Slee, Head of External Relations Team
  • Anne Shimmin, External Relations Manager Policy & Legislation
  • Clair Barks, External Relations Policy Manger
  • Rachael Huxley and Sara Jones, External Relations Executive Officers
  • Carlos Phillips, External Relations Executive Officer.
  • Tess Joughin, External Relations Officer
  • Jack Doyle, External Relations Officer

The Communications Unit also falls within the External Relations Division and this consists of:

• Carol Hunter, Head of Communications;
  • Alistair Ramsay, Communications Executive;
  • Richard Parslow, Communications Executive;
  • Jo Overty, Communications Executive;
  • Jonathan Davies, Communications Executive
  • Gill Nicholls, Communications Officer

Nobody authorised to speak?

They're all on their Easter holidays, the CM & TM included probably.

I love government job titles. I think there must be a team that just thinks them up. Here are a couple of current ads. Financial Intelligence!!w00t.gif

We are looking for a highly motivated, suitably qualified and enthusiastic person to work with our Arboriculture Team based in the Department's Forestry, Amenity and Lands Directorate as an Assistant Tree Officer. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a proven track record in the arboricultural or forestry industry looking to gain wider experience and contribute to the development of services at a time of considerable change.

Director of Financial Intelligence Unit

We are seeking a strong leader who is qualified to the highest professional level and is suitably experienced in a relevant legal, financial or intelligence discipline and can develop this newly created unit to achieve a world class standard of effectiveness in their field.

So are they disbanding the current financial crime unit then?

External Relations Team

The External Relations team is as follows:

• Della Fletcher, Executive Director External Relations
  • Richard Slee, Head of External Relations Team
  • Anne Shimmin, External Relations Manager Policy & Legislation
  • Clair Barks, External Relations Policy Manger
  • Rachael Huxley and Sara Jones, External Relations Executive Officers
  • Carlos Phillips, External Relations Executive Officer.
  • Tess Joughin, External Relations Officer
  • Jack Doyle, External Relations Officer

The Communications Unit also falls within the External Relations Division and this consists of:

• Carol Hunter, Head of Communications;
  • Alistair Ramsay, Communications Executive;
  • Richard Parslow, Communications Executive;
  • Jo Overty, Communications Executive;
  • Jonathan Davies, Communications Executive
  • Gill Nicholls, Communications Officer

Nobody authorised to speak?

They're all on their Easter holidays, the CM & TM included probably

I'm afraid the CM and TM need a permanent vacation!

Edited by 2112

We are looking for a highly motivated, suitably qualified and enthusiastic person to work with our Arboriculture Team based in the Department's Forestry, Amenity and Lands Directorate as an Assistant Tree Officer. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a proven track record in the arboricultural or forestry industry looking to gain wider experience and contribute to the development of services at a time of considerable change. Director of Financial Intelligence Unit

Wasting money yet again. Still those reserves will be spent in no time