Not a tax haven.

IOMRS97

the real piss take is that it costs a grand a week for a room and a few minumum wage staff and about £3.50 per day per person meal allowance

True, that's fair comment too. I'm just pissed off as I've seen quite a few people do it recently and they're already gloating about how they're spending their windfall when they couldnt wait to offload their infirm parents onto the state and nab the house. It's pretty low behaviour in my book. Much worse than avoiding a bit of tax.

Envious bugger.

Yes funny how you can be envious that the state is milking you for your parents care fees as you can afford it and yet some spawny twat is driving round in a new car because he's dumped his liabilities onto the state and copped for a £200k house into the bargain. As I said these people are leeches and much worse than tax avoiders. I bet they think tax avoiding is wrong to whilst taking the piss to the tune of £1,000 a week.

Is that true, that he state expects you to pay for your parents' care home fees if you can afford it?

I read an old newspaper story recently about a guy in the UK who tried to suffocate his 96 year old mother because he couldn't afford the fees for her care. So, maybe :)

I've got the worst toothache ever, f'in dentist fixed my tooth (that didn't hurt until he fixed it) I can't sleep, I can't even lay down and I want my mum. Whiskey is vile (Internet fix idea) why do people drink it?

• Like 1

After David Cameron has released details of his tax returns, maybe IOM Newspapers should jump on the band wagon and demand that all local politicians fess up to who has an offshore bank account...oh bums. Yea, they all do. There again, so do we.

Hmm. maybe the Jeremy beardy twat should poke his nose elsewhere and tackle real problems like the state of the NHS.

He was on some late morning political show and came across as a witless stuttering buffoon. His shield of steel was the phrase " we've introduced 'know your customer', i counted it at least 5 times and I missed the start.

Has anyone heard anything about Mr Bell being on some politics programme yesterday discussing the IOM finance sector and making a right pigs ear of things?

Fourth hand info so have no idea if it is correct

He was on the news this morning on Radio 4. I thought he did an okay job, mentioned the UK has less regulation and left the journalists last words as "People in glass houses..."

Here's the same program: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b075ty6x/sunday-politics-north-west-10042016

On that program the conservative MP for Eddisbury claimed that details of companies registered in IOM were not transparent, which is not true of course. Anyone can go on-line or visit companies registry and for the appropriate fee get all the info they need. Arif Ansari, who is normally very thorough in his research, didn't correct the MP.

He was on the news this morning on Radio 4. I thought he did an okay job, mentioned the UK has less regulation and left the journalists last words as "People in glass houses..."

Approximate time? Running order doesn't namecheck him and I wouldn;t mind having a listen. 0710 or 0820 looks like the best bets. Edited by Bobbie Bobster

Here's the same program: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b075ty6x/sunday-politics-north-west-10042016

On that program the conservative MP for Eddisbury claimed that details of companies registered in IOM were not transparent, which is not true of course. Anyone can go on-line or visit companies registry and for the appropriate fee get all the info they need. Arif Ansari, who is normally very thorough in his research, didn't correct the MP.

Far less transparent than it used to be. Not so long ago you could find details based on a person's name. Now it is only via company name or company number.

There is a massive difference.

Far less transparent than it used to be. Not so long ago you could find details based on a person's name. Now it is only via company name or company number.

There is a massive difference.

Do you know why it was changed?