Not a tax haven.

IOMRS97

Barrie: So the super-rich Greek shipping magnates paid indirectly for your upbringing and education. I have to ask you mate: Where did it all go wrong ?

I was rather hoping you might have the answer!

Interesting that on the BBC regional news tonight no one from the Manx Government was available to comment on the Panamanian revelations. Here we are thrust in front of the world as a tax haven and our well paid politicians are to shy to appear in public to defend us. Surprised?

Jersey Finance didn't seem lost for words on ITV. Where are our people?

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2016-04-04/jersey-has-very-different-approach-to-panama-says-jersey-finance-ceo/

And Guernsey

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2016-04-05/no-secrecy-here-guernseys-chief-minister-tells-david-cameron/

Edited by GaryPotter

Barrie: So the super-rich Greek shipping magnates paid indirectly for your upbringing and education. I have to ask you mate: Where did it all go wrong ?

Interesting that on the BBC regional news tonight no one from the Manx Government was available to comment on the Panamanian revelations. Here we are thrust in front of the world as a tax haven and our well paid politicians are to shy to appear in public to defend us. Surprised?

They have done numerous times over the past few years. This is just more of the same, nothing else to say really.

They have done numerous times over the past few years. This is just more of the same, nothing else to say really.

I'm surprised. Normally you can't shut Bell up, Waffle Waffle Bullshit ........... same goes with Skelly. It is madness not to get a numpty to do a live/pre recorded interview. Or did Bell think his COM is that incompetent and would get themselves tangled up by complicated questions - possibly embarrassing the island. It just looks poor, as if he is afraid. If the matter related to one of Gawnes pet projects - he will do interviews galore. Bell is the same - gay marriage - be prepared to listen to non stop interviews. It should be pointed out that the IOM was hardly mentioned. Last point - why isnt Gibralter and Bermuda being targeted, also Andorra hides lots of money - not a mention.

It should be pointed out that the IOM was hardly mentioned. Last point - why isnt Gibralter and Bermuda being targeted, also Andorra hides lots of money - not a mention.

The clip is on iplayer and the IOM was mentioned specifically in a couple of minutes slot and it looked stupid that nobody from IOMG was there to comment. I imagine they didn't mention Gibraltar, Bermuda, or Andorra as BBC broadcasts from Salford and they're not relevant to a REGIONAL news broadcast form the NORTH WEST of England.

• Like 1

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2016-04-04/jersey-has-very-different-approach-to-panama-says-jersey-finance-ceo/

And Guernsey

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2016-04-05/no-secrecy-here-guernseys-chief-minister-tells-david-cameron/

zac hall will be writing all that down and then giving a speech.......

• Like 1

It should be pointed out that the IOM was hardly mentioned. Last point - why isnt Gibralter and Bermuda being targeted, also Andorra hides lots of money - not a mention.

The clip is on iplayer and the IOM was mentioned specifically in a couple of minutes slot and it looked stupid that nobody from IOMG was there to comment. I imagine they didn't mention Gibraltar, Bermuda, or Andorra as BBC broadcasts from Salford and they're not relevant to a REGIONAL news broadcast form the NORTH WEST of England.

Just to clarify what I referring to was the Panama Papers generally didnt overly mention IOM or link despots or foreign leaders. It is worth noting that the Tax Justice Network have been on Sky News etc spouting their Anti Offshore Agenda .............. they are keen to paint IOM, Jersey and Guernsey in a bad light. The Tax Justice Network never mentioned Gibraltar, Andorra and Bermuda.

• Like 1

And Guernsey

Never mind Bell and Skelly and the no less than five Departmental Members that it is felt are needed to assist him, where are all those highly paid civil servants at the DED? Where are those 14 people who are employed in the Cabinet Office in External Affairs and Communications? Where are all the highly paid people from the FCA with its CEO on a quarter million?

This was the sort of incident that was predictable and recurring and even if they hadn't they should have been huddling together first thing on Monday morning deciding what lines to take. It's actually on opportunity to improve the image of Island's FS if played carefully by people who know what they are talking about. Instead all we have is the usual headless chicken routine and repeating that "We are not a tax haven" in the pathetic hope it will make the nasty men go away.

• Like 2

Just to clarify what I referring to was the Panama Papers generally didnt overly mention IOM or link despots or foreign leaders. It is worth noting that the Tax Justice Network have been on Sky News etc spouting their Anti Offshore Agenda .............. they are keen to paint IOM, Jersey and Guernsey in a bad light. The Tax Justice Network never mentioned Gibraltar, Andorra and Bermuda.

The Crown Dependencies are the low hanging fruit and the most vulnerable and the pawns in a future EU negotiation..Brer rabbit. He just lay low!

And Guernsey

Never mind Bell and Skelly and the no less than five Departmental Members that it is felt are needed to assist him, where are all those highly paid civil servants at the DED? Where are those 14 people who are employed in the Cabinet Office in External Affairs and Communications? Where are all the highly paid people from the FCA with its CEO on a quarter million?

This was the sort of incident that was predictable and recurring and even if they hadn't they should have been huddling together first thing on Monday morning deciding what lines to take. It's actually on opportunity to improve the image of Island's FS if played carefully by people who know what they are talking about. Instead all we have is the usual headless chicken routine and repeating that "We are not a tax haven" in the pathetic hope it will make the nasty men go away.

If in doubt...say nowt!..