Not a tax haven.

IOMRS97

Of course! All is hypocrisy.

There is hypocrisy everywhere in this debate. The Manx hypocrisy is just as pronounced. Most people on here seem to think that our government is corrupt, that our Chief Minister and COMIN are incompetent, that Legco is a house of privilege that needs to be dissolved, and that the Island is being bankrupted by colossal pension and pay liabilities due to a lazy and inept public sector that is slowly destroying the Island. But when that nice Mr Corbyn offers to take the Island over and sweep all that away in a flash we get up in arms about the prospect.

Edited by Julian Ass-blancmange
  • Like 1

Most people on here seem to think that our government is corrupt, that our Chief Minister and COMIN are incompetent,

I can go with incompetent but not corrupt. There is not a single shred of evidence which even hints that someone has took a backhander. Yes there's that Mount Murray horseshit when Karran alleged corruption and then dug through dictionaries to find a definition about failed systems which suited his allegation, however there's no evidence of any corruption in the sense that we all understand.

If there was evidence and they are as incompetent as we claim, then surely there would be traces of it.

• Like 2

Most people on here seem to think that our government is corrupt, that our Chief Minister and COMIN are incompetent,
I can go with incompetent but not corrupt. There is not a single shred of evidence which even hints that someone has took a backhander. Yes there's that Mount Murray horseshit when Karran alleged corruption and then dug through dictionaries to find a definition about failed systems which suited his allegation, however there's no evidence of any corruption in the sense that we all understand.If there was evidence and they are as incompetent as we claim, then surely there would be traces of it.

You do not have to take back handlers to act in a corrupted way. Indeed no money has to change hands in corrupt behaviour at all. That is a somewhat naive attitude. You can be ideologically corrupted, strategically corrupted (eg: influence decisions to create certain outcomes), or just be generally corrupt by ensuring that the interests of the few in your own circle outweigh the interests of the many. No money has to change hands. You seem to be protesting far too much when I made it clear that this is the perception that people pick up from reading posts on here. Those are not my direct words. They are an observation based on the content which is daily posted up on here.

I do apologise ... Allan.

Edited by Julian Ass-blancmange

I can go with incompetent but not corrupt. There is not a single shred of evidence which even hints that someone has took a backhander. Yes there's that Mount Murray horseshit when Karran alleged corruption and then dug through dictionaries to find a definition about failed systems which suited his allegation, however there's no evidence of any corruption in the sense that we all understand.If there was evidence and they are as incompetent as we claim, then surely there would be traces of it.

You do not have to take back handlers to act in a corrupted way. Indeed no money has to change hands in corrupt behaviour at all. That is a somewhat naive attitude. You can be ideologically corrupted, strategically corrupted (eg: influence decisions to create certain outcomes), or just be generally corrupt by ensuring that the interests of the few in your own circle outweigh the interests of the many. No money has to change hands. You seem to be protesting far too much when I made it clear that this is the perception that people pick up from reading posts on here. Those are not my direct words. They are an observation based on the content which is daily posted up on here.

I don't believe that there is any corruption for financial reward, it's usually as JAB has stated, to influence outcomes, usually to cover up incompetence!

There's your problem.

There are so many clueless people on here who think everything is a conspiracy, there must be a back hander, everyone is incompetent in government etc etc etc etc etc

Most of the whinig about Mount Murray was simply because Albery Gubay was involved and plenty of people don't like him.

There have been far worse things on the island than Mount Murray.

3FM News. Allan Bell says the biggest, most time consuming part of his job is explaining to UK politicians and journalists that we are NOT a tax haven.....

ETA. "And I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until you believe me".....

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 1

Register of beneficial ownership will happen Bell has just announced on the BBC evening news. So exactly what I said would happen a few days ago - and we committed pretty quickly. This has to be one of the most politically motivated leaks ever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-35998922

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

Register of beneficial ownership will happen Bell has just announced on the BBC evening news. So exactly what I said would happen a few days ago - and we committed pretty quickly. This has to be one of the most politically motivated leaks ever.

A line that we "would not cross" only a couple of weeks back has now been, er, crossed then. Once again, Bell's words and assurances are proved to be not worth the breath they are carried on in, as usual, short order?

Westminster says, "Shit" and Bell promptly shovels. Independent Government and Nation my arse. The sooner this farcical myth is well and truly exploded, the better. And they're well on their way to doing it, even to the most hardcore nationalists.

I was under the impression that the IOM was going to refuse just like er horse trams?

There's your problem.

There are so many clueless people on here who think everything is a conspiracy, there must be a back hander, everyone is incompetent in government etc etc etc etc etc

Most of the whinig about Mount Murray was simply because Albery Gubay was involved and plenty of people don't like him.

You really are like a stick of rock aren't you? If someone cut you in half they would find the words "Manx Establishment" running right through you.

• Like 3

There's your problem.

You really are like a stick of rock aren't you? If someone cut you in half they would find the words "Manx Establishment" running right through you.

I think "notwell" is just a realist. A rare thing on here of late. sad.png