Not a tax haven.

IOMRS97

No, I'm a proper Manx fella. I drink in the Legion and use the front entrance.

The Celtic League needs proper Manx fellas. Have you thought of signing up? It's all good stuff. You get to send angry emails to everyone and generally there aren't many rules you have to follow. Anyone British is basically wrong about everything, and anyone Celtic is basically right about everything. It's really easy. It's kept me going for 40 years and it's only a few hours work a week.

• Like 2

Been of here for a few days. Where are we now.? A Tax Haven or not ? and is Bell still on his World Tour , meeting the ( important ) people , and creeping to them. I really must keep up, moving forward.

'Us' are those on this island, not the English. Perhaps you should read with an open mind.

An ' open mind ' is a requisite on Forums ? I really did not know that.

Chief Minister appears to have said the unsayable & told the Yanks they're the absolute pits when it comes to tax dodging etc

Wonder if that greaseball Kerry was still in the room?

I think almost everyone would back him for what he said. It won't do any good though having a dig at the most cynical, corrupt, two-faced, morally bankrupt country in the world. I can see regime change coming soon.

In the Isle of Man , certainly. I think Bell would be well advised to keep his mouth shut, the English and Americans are big mates one week , can't stand each other's guts the next. Tying your colours to either is asking for trouble from one or both. It would seem that Bell yet again is getting told that he is an ' International Figure ' in Politics, by those on the Island who stand to gain most. For the sake of the rest of us, come down to earth Bell, keep a low profile, and spare the Island some of the the mess that is coming by just leaving quietly to where- ever you plan to retire. Make no mistake about it, those who you think are your Political friends will have forgotten you before the plane takes off and will be in pursuit of another gullible ' Yes Man ' with an ego for them to massage

The 'special' Anglo-American relationship has been around since Maggie's day - remember her, Reagan and Spitting Image? Hardly an on, off relationship. Whether it is good or not for us is a different matter.

I thought that the reason England likes to keep America sweet is because of the vast amount of money they owe them

I thought that the reason England likes to keep America sweet is because of the vast amount of money they owe them

Does anyone know the correct term for someone who flounces back in after flouncing out in the first place?