Cartoonist wanted

Redundant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a little vague, what sort of cartoonist are you in need of?

A talented one would be nice! It's not that easy to answer that question, but I'll try. I have a whole set of comic strips in my head, so someone who wants to work on comic strips would be preferable. I have a number of characters fleshed out and various settings but I can't draw for toffee, or not at the level I want anyway. I also want to work with someone who will provide input, additional characters & settings etc. It's entirely humour based, so a sense of humour is essential. Finally it's medium to long term because I hope it will prove commercially successful, how successful I don't know, but if it is I want to enjoy it for a long time!

I hope that helps,

If the jokes are good enough then the cartoon characters can be very simple. Like Cyanide and Happiness for instance.

Have you considered just drawing it yourself? Even if you don't think your style is good enough, other people will see it completely differently.

I wish. I have done some cartoon strips previously, and the jokes weren't bad either, but for what I have in mind I am just not good enough to do it justice, which is extremely frustrating, I have pages and pages of "cartoon strips" in my head, and I can see the finished article, but I need someone to translate it to paper, sadly telepathic cartoon strips are still a rarity! Hopefully someone will turn up and catch the enthusiasm I have for it, we'll see. Thanks for the comment.

I wish. I have done some cartoon strips previously, and the jokes weren't bad either, but for what I have in mind I am just not good enough to do it justice, which is extremely frustrating, I have pages and pages of "cartoon strips" in my head, and I can see the finished article, but I need someone to translate it to paper, sadly telepathic cartoon strips are still a rarity! Hopefully someone will turn up and catch the enthusiasm I have for it, we'll see. Thanks for the comment.

You don't think maybe your user name is putting some people off from pairing up with you ?

Truthfully, if that is all it takes to put some people off, it's probably a good thing, I could do with someone with a tad more gumption than to base a decision on an avatar or a username alone, it's a name not a description. Besides, I couldn't spell numpty when I signed up :-)

Well this is going really well... Firstly your caption would indicate that the subject will always be "Paedo Priest", which is too narrow, and perhaps too much of a clue. Secondly as the child [or dwarf to be fair] is asking to join the choir, we can only infer that this is a female child/dwarf [as she appears to be wearing a dress], and evidence would seem to suggest this is not the preferred gender of said "Paedo Priest" and his many colleagues, Sadly she may not have made the choir anyway, in my day it was all boys [things may have changed since then]. Finally the use of bad language shows a certain weakness, suggested alternatives feature below:

"Have you got any younger brothers?" "How about bad ones?" "Hows your rimming?" "Not funny at all Father Murphy, now get off your knees"

I admit my initial optimism of finding a potential strip cartoonist [as in drawing, not stripping although my minds not closed to the possibility], is waning ever so slightly.

Well obviously it's a child, since dwarves are not permitted in the Catholic church as they are the result of sin. It is actually a dress. That's actually what choir boys and priests wear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choir_dress Girls are not permitted in Catholic choirs because one of them ate a forbidden apple or something.

The title implies an ongoing series of cartoon strips where a naughty deviant priest gets up to all manner of papally blessed naughtiness. (Based on actual events.)

But it's OK. I can understand that you clearly don't appreciate my cartoon crafting skills, despite the fact it got the entire story across in a whimsical manner that is fully Internet compliant. I think I may be too expensive for you anyway at £10 per full cartoon strip.

At the risk of sounding pedantic [and at the risk of being stoned because I'm being Pedantic], I know what the choir wears, but your child is asking to join the choir, so the assumption is he/she cannot be already dressed for the choir [it's in the details, every time]. At a tenner per strip, you're too cheap, I was getting twenty-five quid a week for a crossword 20 odd years ago [damn you technology for ruining that particular gig]. Shame about the dwarves though, but I'm sure God knows what he's doing, although it would have been time well spent to also know what his priests were [are] doing, but hey, no-one's perfect...oh hang on...

The hunt goes on, although I'm being to see it from the fox's point of view.

P.S. The choir I was in was Protestant, or whatever St George's is, even then I was an atheistic bar steward only in it for the money [extra for weddings!].

Archived