Cartoonist wanted

Redundant

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your erudite commentary. Is there even the remotest chance you either know a cartoonist or have a brother-in-law called Stan who nearly met one? Are we to assume from your "dogging" reference that we are still in the realm of the "Paedo Priest"? If so I should point out that Bigclive's cartoon, whilst admittedly both humorous and contemporary, has sadly not met the criteria required.

Incidentally, and at the risk of remaining "off topic" has anyone else noticed that "Peel" has the same number of letters as "Hell" and yet "Ramsey" has the same number of letters as "Heaven"? Technically it's still on "on topic" because some of it forms the caption on one of said, and yet to be produced, cartoons.

The hunt continues...["Bugger", said the fox, but softly so as not to attract the attention of the "Paedo Priest"]

Thanks for the thought, not sure I can handle that much excitement... Due to the overwhelming response so far I may have to change my plans, such as seeing if my own artistic efforts improve in ratio with the amount of wine I can consume, or possibly create an invisible world, which would be a lot easier to represent in cartoon form. Or I could take the political route and provide the text now and the cartoons at a later time and then cancel the project altogether, who knows what joy awaits. Alternately some cartoonist could get off his... and....post/send me a message! No pressure.

Thanks for the thought, not sure I can handle that much excitement... Due to the overwhelming response so far I may have to change my plans, such as seeing if my own artistic efforts improve in ratio with the amount of wine I can consume, or possibly create an invisible world, which would be a lot easier to represent in cartoon form. Or I could take the political route and provide the text now and the cartoons at a later time and then cancel the project altogether, who knows what joy awaits. Alternately some cartoonist could get off his... and....post/send me a message! No pressure.

what's in it for the artist?

An early death in a desperate hovel after years of tortuous endeavour and ridicule, followed by critical acclaim and the ever increasing value of a "body of work" from a sadly and deeply missed genius.

Alternately, the joy of creating something which is both funny and topical, any financial gains divided equally, in short... a partnership.

We'll let the artist choose, seems only fair.

Have you considered using computer generated imagery? Appreciate you say you have.... artistic limitations but is that due to an ability to make a pencil or a brush work the way you want it to? Drawing simple cartoon shapes and characters is something that anyone can learn to do.

Doing it that way, your job becomes iteratively easier as you can reuse your prior artwork with a simple copy/paste.

Well...it's difficult to put into words...it's a fine "body of work" so you should probably go for option one above, sadly on this occasion you have not been successful, but we will keep your application on file [something to scare the Grand kids with].

Archived