Cartoonist wanted

Redundant

Well...it's difficult to put into words...it's a fine "body of work" so you should probably go for option one above, sadly on this occasion you have not been successful, but we will keep your application on file [something to scare the Grand kids with].

The problem with you unartistic folk is that you're so unartistic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you considered using computer generated imagery? Appreciate you say you have.... artistic limitations but is that due to an ability to make a pencil or a brush work the way you want it to? Drawing simple cartoon shapes and characters is something that anyone can learn to do.

Doing it that way, your job becomes iteratively easier as you can reuse your prior artwork with a simple copy/paste.

I've looked a some computer generated stuff, and while I think it's very clever, for me it doesn't work, particularly in the facial expressions, weirdly a simple line drawing is able to mimic real emotions much better, but that's just my opinion.

As for the rest of your comment, I would agree and I don't think I would have that much difficulty developing simple drawing skills, in fact I have previously done cartoon strips for friends and family. Without going into detail this project is a bit more complicated, but if I don't find someone I will still attempt it on my own.

Well...it's difficult to put into words...it's a fine "body of work" so you should probably go for option one above, sadly on this occasion you have not been successful, but we will keep your application on file [something to scare the Grand kids with].

The problem with you unartistic folk is that you're so unartistic.

I cravenly admit a certain "artistic jealousy", you will, I promise, remain an inspiration, you do for art what Jussi Bjorling did for Jazz music...

I think you need to appeal to a wider audience than MF with your quest. We're just a bunch of twats on here. Good luck!

Thanks for the wishes, this was my first attempt to try and find a cartoonist, testing the waters perhaps. It's been...enlightening, and remarkably quite good fun, if a tad frustrating!

I think you need to appeal to a wider audience than MF with your quest. We're just a bunch of twats on here. Good luck!

Thanks for the wishes, this was my first attempt to try and find a cartoonist, testing the waters perhaps. It's been...enlightening, and remarkably quite good fun, if a tad frustrating!

There is an isle of man creative industries group on Facebook that is full of wannabee creatives and ladies what throw pots and stuff, probably a better option than grumpy finance working twats, idiot civil servants and pie eating lardies on here.

There is an isle of man creative industries group on Facebook that is full of wannabee creatives and ladies what throw pots and stuff, probably a better option than grumpy finance working twats, idiot civil servants and pie eating lardies on here.

Hey!

Who are you calling a civil servant?

I usually only visit Facebook two or three times a year, to see what I have been doing, but I'll check this out.

Actually, you get an even more disagreeable brand of twat on there then you do on here.

I'm not so sure - I think there's just more of them

Well to be fair, at least you know the names of the twats on there, rather than trying to guess their identity on here. :)

I find that group to be quite helpful as a rule though, it's not infested with idiots like the Manx Shops and Service page, or the political discussion groups.

Manx Nostalgia is another noteworthy page. Facebook does have its uses.

Archived