Tamiya RC Buggy - DF-03 - Keen Hawk

nathan wind

Tamiya Keen Hawk buggy. It's exactly the same as the more famous Dark Impact, using the same the DF-03 chassis, just a different shell. I painted it up as an homage to the infamous Tamiya Hotshot and added a genuine Hotshot front bumper. It's also hugely upgraded over the stock model. Essentially, all the easily damagable plastic parts have been replaced with anodised aluminium replacements at some expense as they had to be shipped from Japan. The shocks have been replaced with original Tamiya anodised ally ones, which cost £70 alone! The crappy motor it came with has been swapped out for a Tamiya Superstock one which gives near brushless performance for the first ten minutes or so of a fresh battery and remains fairly quick even as it depletes.

I can't remember the exact models but I fitted well recommended servos and speed controller and it'll come with two high capacity NiMh batteries - again, these were thirty quid apiece, and a good charger (fully automatic, checks and conditions the batteries, warns of defects and has safety cut-out) All in all there is about £400's worth of gear here and it's only been taken out three or four times and has barely a mark on it. Just a little scuffing here and there.

Edit - forgot to mention, I put a slipper clutch in it too! So if you did want to go brushless it's ready to go! Without a slipper clutch you'd shred the horrible stock plasticy gears in no time otherwise (these are about £45 alone, too).

£165.

WP_20160415_001.jpg
WP_20160415_002.jpg
WP_20160415_003.jpg
WP_20160415_003.jpg
WP_20160415_004.jpg
WP_20160415_005.jpg

Archived