celebrity shaggers

Bertie Basset

If you don't know then nobody can explain it to you.

Or you don't have a valid answer.

If I tried chapter and verse it still wouldn't get through. I am simply not comfortable with a society which, on the basis of trendy opinion of a few decades, puts same sex realtionships on a par with marriage between a man and a woman which is the bedrock of any society. Easy as that.

100% correct.

All this agenda driven bollocks to brainwash the younger generation that it's normal is alarming.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't know then nobody can explain it to you.

Or you don't have a valid answer.

If I tried chapter and verse it still wouldn't get through. I am simply not comfortable with a society which, on the basis of trendy opinion of a few decades, puts same sex realtionships on a par with marriage between a man and a woman which is the bedrock of any society. Easy as that.

100% correct.

All this agenda driven bollocks to brainwash the younger generation that it's normal is alarming.

Agenda driven? I think you mean scientific consensus. Homosexuality is normal.

Couldn't agree more notwell.

I can just about tolerate what adults do in the privacy of their own paddling pool with a gallon of olive oil. But suggesting to young children that homosexuality is a life choice that they need to make is unforgivable.

The Greek and Roman civilisations failed. The Permissive Western civilisation could be well on the way to going the same way.

Couldn't agree more notwell.

I can just about tolerate what adults do in the privacy of their own paddling pool with a gallon of olive oil. But suggesting to young children that homosexuality is a life choice that they need to make is unforgivable.

The Greek and Roman civilisations failed. The Permissive Western civilisation could be well on the way to going the same way.

Nobody is suggesting that homosexuality is a life choice. Rather, the point is that it isn't.

Anyone else notice that the anti-"gay" marriage brigade always seem to focus on relationships between two men?

I always get the feeling that if this sane group of people were presented with the opportunity to be with, or watch,two women then the honophobic sentiments would dissappear.

Anyone else notice that the anti-"gay" marriage brigade always seem to focus on relationships between two men?

I always get the feeling that if this sane group of people were presented with the opportunity to be with, or watch,two women then the honophobic sentiments would dissappear.

I think a lot of us would have no problem watching two good looking women together, but if they were two 16 stone diesel

dykes with shaved heads and covered in tattoos, it would not interest many, if any. thumbsup.gif

We do have to guard against its promotion to the young and suggestible, though. There are those who would push the agenda to the impressionable.

Well yes, but there are also people who try to push religious agendas to children, extremist agendas, bigoted agendas etc etc. I don't see why this is treated like a special case.

We do have to guard against its promotion to the young and suggestible, though. There are those who would push the agenda to the impressionable.

Well yes, but there are also people who try to push religious agendas to children, extremist agendas, bigoted agendas etc etc. I don't see why this is treated like a special case.

It is the idea that a homosexual relationship is the equal of a union between a man and a woman that can be pushed at the adolescent and confused. It goes on and it can cause so much damage. I've seen it in action in the "Militant" days in local government across during the 80s.

It is the idea that a homosexual relationship is the equal of a union between a man and a woman that can be pushed at the adolescent and confused. It goes on and it can cause so much damage. I've seen it in action in the "Militant" days in local government across during the 80s.

But it is equal. What damage exactly are you referring to? That kids who are gay might grow up with some self esteem rather than being told your viewpoint of "Sorry you've been born gay, but now all your relationships are of less worth than if you hadn't."?

But it is equal. What damage exactly are you referring to? That kids who are gay might grow up with some self esteem rather than being told your viewpoint of "Sorry you've been born gay, but now all your relationships are of less worth than if you hadn't."?

Are we ignoring the damage that is caused to young people by pushing the agenda that because you are sexually attracted to the same sex you are "wrong" and don't deserve to have your relationship valued the same in society?

Many adolescents go through sexual confusion and have a period of ambivalence towards their own sexuality. In the course of events they would come through this naturally and go on to have entirely normal heterosexual relationships afterwards. I have seen organised homosexual predatory groups prey on vulnerable people such as these. As I said it was a big issue in left wing councils in the 80s. Section 28 and all of that. Gay mafia saw that off. Nobody is persecuted for homosexuality nowadays and that's right, but we shouldn't be shouting from the rooftops how wonderful it is either.

I have never seen anyone shout about "how wonderful" homosexuality is. What I and others believe is that being gay should not mean that you are treated less equally than anyone else.

Being homosexual is not unusual, it is not a disease or a mental illness. It's natural and it happens. Why should anyone be treated less equally because of their sexuality?

Marriage is a social construct as has already been pointed out. I seem to recall that I recently read an article that suggested that marriages had been around for centuries and had originally included unions between same sex partners, however, this tradition was adopted by the Christian faiths and eventually became the "traditional marriage between a man and a woman" that anti-gay proponents profess to be protecting now.

Unfortunately I cannot find that article so I could be wrong but it is an interesting thought.

Archived