the prince is dead

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only liked the one song. Sinead O'Connor, according to Wikipedia, reckoned he became physically violent with her at his mansion after she sang it and turned an otherwise mediocre song into a bestselling hit.

From the first time I heard "I Wanna Be Your Lover" over 35 years ago, I knew the world had a new really talented musician. The sort of musician that only comes along once in a decade, if you are lucky. At the tender age of 19, Prince signed one of the most unusual music contracts of all time, allowing him full reign over song writing, singing, playing of instruments, production, mixing, you name it. Most of the Prince songs you hear, he did the lot. Everything. He brought in the odd female backing singer (often his wife). He was brilliant. He also gave back much to his local community. Something we should all think about. He basically died of a drug overdose caused by taking too many opiate based pain killers, taken to relieve the pain from a long standing hip problem, which required an operation. However, his extremely strong Jehovahs Witness beliefs prevented him from having the much needed operation. A truly sad loss. The World has lost another real talent. RIP Prince Nelson.

Archived