Happy Birthday Your Majesty

Amadeus

As it's half German and half English I suppose it is a bit like her.

Just because I hate this specific thing and I'm determined to stomp it out - she's not half German and half English as both her parents and grandparents were English. The thing you're referring to stems from the German lineage of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Which in itself is a cadet from the Wettin line) which changed it's name to Windsor around World War 1 due to hatred of Germans.

As it's half German and half English I suppose it is a bit like her.

Just because I hate this specific thing and I'm determined to stomp it out - she's not half German and half English as both her parents and grandparents were English. The thing you're referring to stems from the German lineage of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Which in itself is a cadet from the Wettin line) which changed it's name to Windsor around World War 1 due to hatred of Germans.

Come down dear. i guess I touched a nerve. I really couldn't care less about the royal family (don't them any harm but also don't see the point of them in a modern society). I was more commenting on the strange mix of two languages being used.

Archived