Junior doctors' strike: All-out stoppage 'a bleak day'

Bernie Sanders

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

What NHS? That's a UK organisation....there's no such thing as the NHS  on the island. Just a govt owned hossy called Nobles.

No, the Isle of Man has had a National Health Service ( NHS ) for over 60 years, under Manx legislation. Last year it's name was changed to the National Health and Care Service by the National Health and Care Service Act 2016. 

What/who do you think provides Ramsey Cottage Hospital and GP services?

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, John Wright said:

No, the Isle of Man has had a National Health Service ( NHS ) for over 60 years, under Manx legislation. Last year it's name was changed to the National Health and Care Service by the National Health and Care Service Act 2016. 

What/who do you think provides Ramsey Cottage Hospital and GP services?

And when I first drifted ashore there in 1986 I bought the IOM Govt Handbook which had some history of the Island and said that when the UK established the NHS and the IOM followed suit with its own NHS the Island bought what can be described as debentures in the UK NHS to the price of one million Sterling ie an investment and that this funded priority for IOM patients sent to the UK..

I do recall someone who needed their detached retinas fixed back in place who was sent to Liverpool and the Consultant said that she was getting this promptly because of the old queue jumping investment way back...

When the Island made this investment in the UK NHS the UK itself was pretty broke after the war so the money was welcome...Anyway, don't trust my old memory...Go look it up! ..Anyone remember that soft backed IOM Govt Handbook?

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:17 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

What NHS? That's a UK organisation....there's no such thing as the NHS  on the island. Just a govt owned hossy called Nobles.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Archived