TT Visitors Down By 5%

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nakeds are definitely the way to go.

Hmm. As long as you don't have to go very far.

It's not really possible to go very far over here!

More seriously, the likes of the Trumpet Street/Speed Triple have flyscreens and those funny sticky outy bits in front of your knees that do a decent job of keeping the wind away.

And there are more bike motorsport fans than we will ever be able to accommodate.

But I dont think all of them want to sit in a hedge all day to watch a bike pass for 2 seconds every 15 minutes and then retire to a rain soaked tent.

I think you over estimate your "fan base".

More seriously, the likes of the Trumpet Street/Speed Triple have flyscreens and those funny sticky outy bits in front of your knees that do a decent job of keeping the wind away.

Give me a massive full fairing with handlebar muffs and heated grips any day.

And there are more bike motorsport fans than we will ever be able to accommodate.

But I dont think all of them want to sit in a hedge all day to watch a bike pass for 2 seconds every 15 minutes and then retire to a rain soaked tent.

If you really want your opinions to be taken seriously, you should post seriously and perhaps not blatantly exaggerate for biased effect.

If you really want your opinions to be taken seriously, you should post seriously and perhaps not blatantly exaggerate for biased effect.

Thank you for your input.

Litre bikes are fun, but ultimately pointless on the road. Nakeds are definitely the way to go. I could never find a 600 that fit me. I'm lanky and apparently new 600s are made for tiny little jockey men.

Many hobbies could be described as pointless I guess, but if it gives you that 'feel good' factor who cares? You're right about the size of 600's though and them being made by tiny little jockey men, they're called Japanese. thumbsup.gif

Thank you for your input.

Always welcome dude.

So are you saying that the motorcycling events here cannot get any bigger?

I am saying that in our tiny microsm, the TT is the biggest thing in the world. Where as the reality is, in the larger, wider world when compared to actual world renowned events, the TT is barely a foot note.

Can the "event" get bigger here? Probably. Whether it will be of any appreciable amount will have to be seen.

Will the "event" be about motorcycles? To a dwindling amount. The TT will become less about the racing and more about the flaff tacked on top of it.

So are you saying that the motorcycling events here cannot get any bigger?

I am saying that in our tiny microsm, the TT is the biggest thing in the world. Where as the reality is, in the larger, wider world when compared to actual world renowned events, the TT is barely a foot note.

Can the "event" get bigger here? Probably. Whether it will be of any appreciable amount will have to be seen.

Will the "event" be about motorcycles? To a dwindling amount. The TT will become less about the racing and more about the flaff tacked on top of it.

That's the key. There is only so much extra capacity the island and the TT can aim to attract amongst it's die hard fans. The TT does need to evolve and if that means introducing Subaru laps and accompanying sponsorships then so be it. I don't even think Red Bull would be interested but if they were to get involved, at the expense of the more amateur Monster, then you move up a gear in terms of the ability to make it more of a festival to a wider audience. TT die hards might turn their nose up at that but you have to risk putting a few hundred hairy bikers nose out of joint to aim for larger demographics if you want to move with the times.

Give me a massive full fairing with handlebar muffs and heated grips any day.

I think previously I have been underestimating your age.

Litre bikes are fun, but ultimately pointless on the road. Nakeds are definitely the way to go. I could never find a 600 that fit me. I'm lanky and apparently new 600s are made for tiny little jockey men.

Many hobbies could be described as pointless I guess, but if it gives you that 'feel good' factor who cares? You're right about the size of 600's though and them being made by tiny little jockey men, they're called Japanese. thumbsup.gif

True enough! I have to admit the raw power of a litrebike always put a smile on my face when I had one.

Archived