TT Visitors Down By 5%

ManxTaxPayer

I doubt they would risk scheduling anymore races with the amount of times a days racing is held over till the next day because of bad weather.

plus the physical toll on the riders and machinery is immense already

more races = more accident risk = more chance of deaths

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, link is a little light on detail, perhaps anyone who actually buys the paper can flesh it out a bit? It somewhat contradicts the notion that the TT is growing all the time. One of the comments suggests it's down to P and O offloading their fastcraft. I wonder what Vision Nine are planning to overcome the problem of lack of capacity?

I notice the figures given estimate a 5% reduction of bikes being 800 less machines. This would mean that a total of over 16,000 bikes were at the TT last year. Where did that figure come from Mr Skelly. If anyone wants emptying from a Job it's Skelly and his endless ideas for ' enhancing the TT Experience ' with his fawning to VIPs and a better class of TT visitor,( at the expense of the real fans )What is the update on the £390, 000 loss on the World TT Series Mr Skelly, and idea which you spouted endless tripe about, as you are doing now with the ' Vision 9 ' Masterplan. Another disaster waiting to happen . Much more of this and there will be ever increasing calls to have the TT scraped. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ??

I doubt they would risk scheduling anymore races with the amount of times a days racing is held over till the next day because of bad weather.

plus the physical toll on the riders and machinery is immense already

more races = more accident risk = more chance of deaths

Also the additional strain on the marshals/emergency services.

Interesting, but if you try and book yourself as a foot passenger travelling from uk around the middle weekend, most of the sailings are sold out. Same travelling to uk after senior race day and subsequent days, well they were two weeks ago.

I know they had a P and O boat a year or two ago due to operational problems, and this year they have the Arrow for freight, freeing up space on the Ben. But if the boats are approaching capacity with more than a month to go, that is pretty positive.

I believe the average TT visitor would prefer to base their stay around the middle weekend incorporating the Superbike race & Mad Sunday.

The days of fortnight stayers are dwindling.

Vision Nine or whatever they are called will need to promote more events outside of that weekend, bike club meetings, concerts, etc during practice week & toward the end of race week.

This is pure fantasy, there were never huge crowds during Practice, in fact the first half of the week there used to be very few fans. There is a big need now to have a large attendance for Practice, due to the lack of Marshall's. This is a key point I believe, because if large parts of the fortnight should bring an even bigger loss of fans than at present, there will not be enough Marshall's to run Practice or Racing, because many of the Marshall's are fans who come to the Island for the major part of the Meeting. Senior Race Day is THE big day of the TT or should be. This year the Sidecar TT Race 2 will be taking place in the morning, bringing the day back to the importance it used to have. It is also a Manx Bank Holiday, when thousands of ' Locals ' still have their big TT Day Out. Stop fiddling round with an Event that doesn't need it. It still attracts around 40,000 people to the Island who spend a great deal to get here and a vast amount, ALL OVER THE ISLAND, while they are here.

I know very little about Vision9, who they are or what they are actually supposed to do, but I already know that I don't like them, and that they are going to absolutely fleece everyone for everything they can.

I know very little about Vision9, who they are or what they are actually supposed to do, but I already know that I don't like them, and that they are going to absolutely fleece everyone for everything they can.

As I understand it their remit is basically to increase visitor numbers to the events and they get paid a fee according to the amount of extra visitors that come in future years. Essentially they are marketing the event.

They are not going to be deciding how much to charge for tickets or merchandise or anything like that.

Archived