TT Visitors Down By 5%

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that as usual a UK company has been awarded a ten year contract on a massively boastful pitch that will never be realised

But they're not Manx so can surely do the job better than any feckless Celt

I believe the arrangement is that if they don't deliver extra visitors they don't get paid anything. In theory a no-lose situation.

I did say 'in theory'.

I know very little about Vision9, who they are or what they are actually supposed to do, but I already know that I don't like them, and that they are going to absolutely fleece everyone for everything they can.

As I understand it their remit is basically to increase visitor numbers to the events and they get paid a fee according to the amount of extra visitors that come in future years. Essentially they are marketing the event.

They are not going to be deciding how much to charge for tickets or merchandise or anything like that.

I don't believe that at all.

Are they not looking to grow to 85000 in the four weeks?

At the presentation to Tynwald, figures 100,000 for the TT and 40,000 for the FOM were bandied about as the aspirational figure at ten years.

and our government believed it. Not in a million years, never mind 10.

At the presentation to Tynwald, figures 100,000 for the TT and 40,000 for the FOM were bandied about as the aspirational figure at ten years.

That seems very ambitious against the trend. Given the declining interest in motorcycling in general and motorcycle racing in particular.

Are they not looking to grow to 85000 in the four weeks?

and our government believed it. Not in a million years, never mind 10.

Not a hope in hell until transport, facilities and accommodation are improved to match. Not to mention service and attitude.

IoMG has an unenviable record in both producing and also swallowing predictions of incredible growth feats. We're to have economic growth bettering the rest of the developed planet. We're to have 1.75M souls per annum through Ronaldsway. Far Eastern banks fighting each other to get here. ICT College the envy of Britain. Car dealerships knocking out high-end models like hot cakes. Cruise liners lined up like park motorboats. Recruits like Mark Charters promising to be the panaceas to all ills.

Personally, I think bullshit levels on this Island are the only thing to be reaching record readings. Often in the name of masking Governmental and/or economic bad news. Unfortunately, the taxpayer is footing a lot of it either now or in time to come.

We need to wind the daydream horns in and take a good, long look at what's sustainable and above all else, what the NEEDS really are. Not the wants. Not the pie-in-the-sky. Start dealing with reality and tailoring to suit. That means the size and scope of Govt, its spending and fiscal attitude and the PS Pensions deficit. And maybe the aspirations need to be a bit lower too. But at least it'll be a smaller bubble if it does pop.

I suspect that as usual a UK company has been awarded a ten year contract on a massively boastful pitch that will never be realised

But they're not Manx so can surely do the job better than any feckless Celt

I believe the arrangement is that if they don't deliver extra visitors they don't get paid anything. In theory a no-lose situation.

I did say 'in theory'.

I find it hard to believe anyone would be stupid enough to sign on the dotted line for that one, or that they would feel that they had to, given governments' typically low standards of expectations and governance around awarding these sort of contracts. More likely that is a rumour they are spreading whilst at the same time being paid shed loads of our money to create a big bullshit cloud of publicity around everything.

Vision9, welllll, we might be able to get a few more people over and charge a bit more for T-Shirt logos, perhaps a bit more from the stallholders....''

DED, ' Yeah, right on, you got da job man...'

Not even the Comin could sell that to Comin!!!

Why?

Because these so called "Fanzones" will become about charging people to spectate from everywhere .

People get charged in certain places already. Nothing new there.

Fan zones have already been trialled and generally didn't work.

The bulk of the tt course vantage points are not owned by government.

Archived