TT Visitors Down By 5%

ManxTaxPayer

Why?

Because these so called "Fanzones" will become about charging people to spectate from everywhere .

People get charged in certain places already. Nothing new there.

Fan zones have already been trialled and generally didn't work.

The bulk of the tt course vantage points are not owned by government.

Watch this space.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the number of FanZones has actually decreased in the last couple of years. When they first started doing them they had one at Crosby and one at Rhencullen which now aren't there.

If I was a betting man I would suspect all viewing areas will have to be paid for.

This is so gonna fall on its arse.

The TT sells itself. Now they've got a UK company that will rip off fans and take the money off island. WHY?

Wank decision.

It's like handing your golden goose to a scrap dealer.

But the number of FanZones has actually decreased in the last couple of years. When they first started doing them they had one at Crosby and one at Rhencullen which now aren't there.

If I was a betting man I would suspect all viewing areas will have to be paid for.

You are definitely wrong.

Ok then smartypants how are they going to make their fortune from it then?

Note, i said their fortune not ours.

Ok then smartypants how are they going to make their fortune from it then?

Note, i said their fortune not ours.

The deal will see them make money if they can increase the number of visitors which in order to do requires more "events" in the two fortnight periods that involve the racing. For me, that means an increase in track events at the very least.

Your thing about fanzones is just bollocks. There are only a very few places that the government are in control of where they can charge. Such as the grandstand.

For example, Braddan Bridge - people pay to watch there already. And that land is owned privately on one side, and by the church on the other.

When the government put a "fan zone" at the Crosby there it was subject to the farmers permission. Same at Rhencullen and just outside Ballaugh.

Archived