Its fine to endorse murder as long as you don't call anyone a ni**er

GaryPotter

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think Women's Shelters are sexist?

No more than ladies toilets. Women weren't a minority the last time I looked.

Why does it make a difference if they're a minority? It's still divisive.

Making silly comments is unlikely to help. We're all one race but we're not all one sex. Hope this helps.

Making silly comments is unlikely to help. We're all one race but we're not all one sex. Hope this helps.

It's not a silly comment. Who's all one race?

Men aren't allowed in women's shelters for the same reason white people aren't allowed in black associations.

Women's shelters need to exist for the same reason that black people's associations need to exist.

White people's associations don't need to exist, and would be racist, because white people don't need that kind of support system. There's no institutionalised racism against white people in this country. There is against black people.

For want of a better comparison, arguing that white people's associations are as valid as black people's is like arguing that there should be a ward for healthy people at the hospital. They don't need it, they don't want it, and it's offensive to those who do.

Lol. Silly comments are unlikely to help, followed by a hope that one of the silliest comments ever helps? I need a lie down after that one.

Lol. Silly comments are unlikely to help, followed by a hope that one of the silliest comments ever helps? I need a lie down after that one.

I imagine you do, it must be time for your morning nap grandad.

It's not a silly comment. Who's all one race? We are, as in the human race, or at least that's what we're supposed to be aiming for.

Men aren't allowed in women's shelters for the same reason white people aren't allowed in black associations.

Men are generally not allowed in women's shelters for reasons of safety for the women living there.

Women's shelters need to exist for the same reason that black people's associations need to exist.

But there are also men's shelters for the same reason.

White people's associations don't need to exist, and would be racist, because white people don't need that kind of support system. There's no institutionalised racism against white people in this country. There is against black people.

No where have I said we should have associations for white people. My point is exclusive associations being allowed and encouraged amongst certain demographics is bound to lead to discontent amongst others that are forbidden to do the same.

For want of a better comparison, arguing that white people's associations are as valid as black people's is like arguing that there should be a ward for healthy people at the hospital. They don't need it, they don't want it, and it's offensive to those who do.

Like I've, said, I'm not arguing for white people's associations, I'm arguing for no race specific associations at all, my point is having exclusively Black etc associations can only lead to more mistrust and unrest among non blacks. Not everyone is as liberal minded as you and Declan and surely giving the go ahead for Black only groups, clubs etc is manor from heaven for the far right and white supremacists who will use the fact as propaganda.

Your method of responding makes it rather hard to reply to.

"We are, as in the human race, or at least that's what we're supposed to be aiming for." - You're mixing race as a social construct and race as a biological term.

"Men are generally not allowed in women's shelters for reasons of safety for the women living there." - Much the same, white people are more often than not the ones being racist towards black people.

"But there are also men's shelters for the same reason." - Yep. Men get beaten too. However, white people don't get racially discriminated against by the dominant powers in the western world. So, in the case of men's shelters there's a need. Women's shelters, there's a need. Black associations, there's a need. White associations? No need.

"No where have I said we should have associations for white people. My point is exclusive associations being allowed and encouraged amongst certain demographics is bound to lead to discontent amongst others that are forbidden to do the same." - Only leads to discontent in people who don't understand the bigger picture and the necessity.

"Like I've, said, I'm not arguing for white people's associations, I'm arguing for no race specific associations at all, my point is having exclusively Black etc associations can only lead to more mistrust and unrest among non blacks. Not everyone is as liberal minded as you and Declan and surely giving the go ahead for Black only groups, clubs etc is manor from heaven for the far right and white supremacists who will use the fact as propaganda." - You are however arguing that the hospital shouldn't exist at all because it's discriminatory to healthy people.

I think we're trending towards a world where we don't need a black people's association. Which is, undoubtedly, a good thing. But I don't think we're there yet. There's still an unhealthy undercurrent of racism in many employment sectors, and until it's gone, black associations are needed to provide the extra support and get the extra power for change.

It's rather the same situation as unions. Unions aren't required where there's no issues in the particular work sector. But they are required when there is an issue.

Archived