West Ham football 'fans'

manxb&b

If scenes like this happened at the TT, or any other comparatively minor sport, it would be banned in an instant. Forums like this and many others would light up with posts demanding an immediate end to the whole festival (and quite rightly so) if it was shown that TT fans were responsible. Though football violence may seem to be a lesser problem than it once was, it has never completely gone away and massive police resources appear to be needed just to keep opposing fans apart at any match. How ridiculous is that? But will there be any calls proclaiming '' there's no place for violence like this in today's society'' or ''state approved carnage must end''? No, will there fuck!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36264631

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair I understand that West Ham have stated that they will hand out 'lifetime bans' on those who are found to have been involved.flowers.gif

the problem is that the few spoil things for the many (in many sports/pastimes) and then those who do not share the enthusiasm can tend to try to tar everyone with the same brush.( Cue GC... lol)

I remember when motorcyclists were banned from pubs , along with other 'minority groups' and it even got to the point in one pub , when I was known to the guv'nor that I could be served provided I wasn't wearing motorcycle gear or carrying a helmet.

Bizarre and tenuous comparison to the TT here. I don't get it.

Really, I thought the analogy was simple enough. I also said ''or any other comparatively minor sport'' but used the TT as the main focus as it's a topic oft discussed on MF. The point is how much leeway there has always been for all the downsides connected with football, ie hooliganism, drug scandals, match fixing, blatant cheating, vote rigging, multiple fan fatalities etc etc... things that would surely put an end to many other sports. But because it's ''football'' and ''the beautiful game'' no one ever just says 'enough is enough, this whole shit storm needs to be stopped''.

To be fair I understand that West Ham have stated that they will hand out 'lifetime bans' on those who are found to have been involved.flowers.gif

the problem is that the few spoil things for the many (in many sports/pastimes) and then those who do not share the enthusiasm can tend to try to tar everyone with the same brush.( Cue GC... lol)

I remember when motorcyclists were banned from pubs , along with other 'minority groups' and it even got to the point in one pub , when I was known to the guv'nor that I could be served provided I wasn't wearing motorcycle gear or carrying a helmet.

I think GeeCee is on a short sabbatical, doesn't want to burn himself out before the TT.

Bizarre and tenuous comparison to the TT here. I don't get it.

Really, I thought the analogy was simple enough. I also said ''or any other comparatively minor sport'' but used the TT as the main focus as it's a topic oft discussed on MF. The point is how much leeway there has always been for all the downsides connected with football, ie hooliganism, drug scandals, match fixing, blatant cheating, vote rigging, multiple fan fatalities etc etc... things that would surely put an end to many other sports. But because it's ''football'' and ''the beautiful game'' no one ever just says 'enough is enough, this whole shit storm needs to be stopped''.

Err, sorry, are you saying football should be banned here?

No, I'm saying that if the things that happen in football happened in a lot of other sports, people would be calling for a ban on those sports. Football seems to get special dispensation.

If the ratio of participants/fatalities/serious injuries that we see in the TT happened in any other sport, they would be banned. The TT gets special dispensation. This thread is stupid.

No, I'm saying that if the things that happen in football happened in a lot of other sports, people would be calling for a ban on those sports. Football seems to get special dispensation.

If the ratio of participants/fatalities/serious injuries that we see in the TT happened in any other sport, they would be banned. The TT gets special dispensation. This thread is stupid.

The irony is strong in this one..

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60607-its-been-a-magical-journey/

Sad old man craving attention.

The irony is strong in this one..

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60607-its-been-a-magical-journey/

Sad old man craving attention.

Oh don't be so silly, the people who got that thread got it, as my inbox confirmed! The people who didn't don't matter. I'll just leave them to wonder.

Maybe one of your many followers would like to enlighten one of those who didn't "get it" then.

Archived