Murder of an MP

Chinahand

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't heard of her before but this is horrific and it upset me a lot. She clearly had a lot to give to her constituents and to the people who were supported by the charities she previously worked for. Depressing that her life has been ended by some cowardly arsehole who apparently had a grudge about immigration according to some news sites. Our whole society is now so unbelievably fucked up it's hard to know how we are ever going to get it back together again.

Absolutely awful. Her husband made a statement today, he's a stronger man than I think I'll ever be:

Full statement from Brendan Cox, Jo Cox's husband

"Today is the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. More difficult, more painful, less joyful, less full of love.

I and Jo's friends and family are going to work every moment of our lives to love and nurture our kids and to fight against the hate that killed Jo.

Jo believed in a better world and she fought for it everyday of her life with an energy, and a zest for life that would exhaust most people.

She would have wanted two things above all else to happen now, one that our precious children are bathed in love and two, that we all unite to fight against the hatred that killed her."

There are a fair few people over here who sound like this guy. Can't hold a proper job, had some mental issues but generally very pleasant and frequently helpful. Its really sad, all of it.

Yes it's all very sad. Home based keyboard warriors invariably all turn nasty at some stage. This is an extreme example sadly.

Absolutely shocking and heart breaking for her family.

However this could be someone who had dangerous mental problems roaming the streets and not terrorist/politically motivated at all. I don't know which is scarier.

And I'm already dreading that every time I put the news on, the 24h news will be droning on about it endlessly for the next week.

However this could be someone who had dangerous mental problems roaming the streets and not terrorist/politically motivated at all.

are they mutually exclusive?

Archived