Cycling in Fog

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car drivers are drama queens, if their air conditioned fat arsed finger tapping to dad rock drive is somehow disturbed by the need to pay attention to the road they lose it proper.

I drive cars, and not a single aspect of your list applies to me, or to any other car driver I know. This thread is silly.

Coming South out of Ramsey today on the coast road there was a huge line of traffic - there was one of these fast tractors with a low loader trailer on the back with a 360 on it, stuck behind guess what? A cyclist! The arrogant twat must have known the tailback he was causing but didn't pull in once, it was the top of Slieu Lewaige before I got past having joined the queue at the Ballure Bridge. And they wonder why nobody likes them?

Having seen some of your comments on here, I don't wonder why nobody likes you

You're still a drama queen, car or not.

No I'm not, and if anyone calls me that again I'm just going to stop posting on this stupid forum and just leave you all to it and the place will be a damn sight worse off for it if I do so fuck the lot of yerz.... No but really, I'm not.

Maybe it's time to consider banning motorcycles from the mountain road for the safety of their riders and passengers.

Police Appeal After Mountain Road Crash

"Biker in serious condition, driver arrested
Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash on the Mountain Road left a biker with serious injuries yesterday.
The incident happened at 4.35pm near the Mountain box, and involved a blue BMW car heading towards Ramsey and a blue Honda VFR motorbike travelling the other way.
The rider, a 58 year old visitor, has been transferred to the UK for treatment where he remains in a serious condition.
The 18 year old BMW driver has been arrested and bailed while police investigate.
Inspector Andy Kneen is thanking passers-by who stopped to help, and says he’s now keen to hear from anyone who saw either vehicle.
You can contact police on 631212."

Guest MrFunk

I was on the mountain going from Douglas to Ramsey about 20 minutes before this happened. I passed 2 groups of 5-6 cyclists, none of which head any lights on in what was very thick fog. That was nothing though compared to the absolute fucking lunatics on bikes coming the other way, in the space of 10 minutes 3 cornering on the wrong side. Fortunately I got "stuck" behind a decent sized 4x4 who was determined to do 50-60 and no more so I quite happily sat behind and followed him. I don't think the 3 boy races in their R plate hot hatches appreciated it when they were also stuck behind (R plate is limited 50 right?) but tough shit.

Visibility was crap for most of the road, at the hairpin my thoughts were that up there is a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

I was on the mountain going from Douglas to Ramsey about 20 minutes before this happened. I passed 2 groups of 5-6 cyclists, none of which head any lights on in what was very thick fog. That was nothing though compared to the absolute fucking lunatics on bikes coming the other way, in the space of 10 minutes 3 cornering on the wrong side. Fortunately I got "stuck" behind a decent sized 4x4 who was determined to do 50-60 and no more so I quite happily sat behind and followed him. I don't think the 3 boy races in their R plate hot hatches appreciated it when they were also stuck behind (R plate is limited 50 right?) but tough shit.

Visibility was crap for most of the road, at the hairpin my thoughts were that up there is a clusterfuck waiting to happen.

Are you taking the p***.

You say the fog was very thick yet you yourself were traveling at 50-60 mph.

You were as much a risk as the bikes were.

Guest MrFunk

Are you taking the p***.

You say the fog was very thick yet you yourself were traveling at 50-60 mph.

You were as much a risk as the bikes were.

No I wasn't, but thanks anyway. 50-60 at the very most, it was windy so fog blowing in and out, speed adjusted to suit. "Stuck" being ironic, I was more than happy to follow a nice big deflector shield. Whilst we traveled in convoy, however reluctant the lads behind might have been, suicidal cunts coming the other way at racing speed weaving around groups of cyclists with no lights definitely present more of a risk in my opinion but each to their own.

You're still a drama queen, car or not.

No I'm not, and if anyone calls me that again I'm just going to stop posting on this stupid forum and just leave you all to it and the place will be a damn sight worse off for it if I do so fuck the lot of yerz.... No but really, I'm not.

You are a Drama Queen.

Maybe it's time to consider banning motorcycles from the mountain road for the safety of their riders and passengers.

Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash on the Mountain Road left a biker with serious injuries yesterday.
The incident happened at 4.35pm near the Mountain box, and involved a blue BMW car heading towards Ramsey and a blue Honda VFR motorbike travelling the other way.
The rider, a 58 year old visitor, has been transferred to the UK for treatment where he remains in a serious condition.
The 18 year old BMW driver has been arrested and bailed while police investigate.
Inspector Andy Kneen is thanking passers-by who stopped to help, and says he’s now keen to hear from anyone who saw either vehicle.

The phrase in this that stands out for me is '18 year old BMW driver'. Now clearly I have no idea as to the cause of this accident, and it may well have nothing to do with the young car driver, but seriously, what is an 18 year old doing driving a car that is not exactly known to be slow and underpowered.

The phrase in this that stands out for me is '18 year old BMW driver'. Now clearly I have no idea as to the cause of this accident, and it may well have nothing to do with the young car driver, but seriously, what is an 18 year old doing driving a car that is not exactly known to be slow and underpowered.

Most BMW's on the road are powered by tiny tractor engines, all show and no go.

Most BMW's on the road are powered by tiny tractor engines, all show and no go.

Some have a lowish powered diesel engine, but even those have far more hp than the car my 18 year old daughter drives, or the cars I drove at that age. I'm all for youngsters starting out with small, low powered cars and working their way up gradually over the years. That's what the insurers would seem to prefer too, judging by their premiums, and more than anyone they'd know about the relative risks of various cars.

Archived