Cycling in Fog

Most BMW's on the road are powered by tiny tractor engines, all show and no go.

Some have a lowish powered diesel engine, but even those have far more hp than the car my 18 year old daughter drives, or the cars I drove at that age. I'm all for youngsters starting out with small, low powered cars and working their way up gradually over the years. That's what the insurers would seem to prefer too, judging by their premiums, and more than anyone they'd know about the relative risks of various cars.

I agree, just pointing out that not all BMW's are M3's M5's etc.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It isn't just during fog that they cause mayhem. Even during perfect sunshine they manage to cause road rage. I've just had two fat arse cyclists going dead slow around the road while not able to pass them. Did they make any effort to move in to let me and the long line of traffic behind them past? Nope. Just kept cycling dead slow, even moving out nearer the middle of the road. Totally ignorant.

No point, I think you'll find their number plates are below regulation size so in your words they are "unidentifiable". Not much point in reporting two fat, inconsiderate cyclists on this island, it would take the police years to interview all the suspects.

You can just imagine the conversation in the pelaton this weekend, "Mr sausage jockey posted that he didn't believe that our registration plates were below regulation size, because you see bicycles don't have registration plate regulations and the nasty fellow who was complaining about cyclists posted something else so I posted whoosh because he didn't know cyclists don't have registration plates" "Oh Bobbie Bumchum, you are a card, chortle. Quick better spread out a bit there's a car behind us."

Archived