pray for turkey

Pity the nation. Prayer is empty.

Pity those caught up in violence.

The real challenge is how to respond, especially when those doing this violence insist they do it because we have responded to what they do, etc on and on recursively.

I am pretty sure the likes of ISIS would not leave "us" alone if we left them alone - they desire expansion, the sword and death to the k'fir.

So, we stand up to them - attempt to stop their genocide, crucifixions and stonings - and as a result they murder and terrorise.

I'm sure some people will, yet again, see a justification, an equivalence, between these murderers and soldiers and pilots on active duty.

I am sure Turkey's and the "West's" armed forces commit multiple acts of evil as they wage their campaign against ISIS, but in the balance ISIS is far more evil.

It is so easy to just claim "nothing to do with me", "not in my name", but these types of attacks will continue and continue until ISIS are defeated and there is some settlement in Syria and the Middle East.

Grita Sereny in her book on Albert Speer wrote this:

[W]e know there is no end to intolerance, and yet in practice there is an end, though it is rarely either honourable or lasting. It comes, not when the people involved become politically wiser, spiritually purer, or emotionally calmer and more enlightened, but simply when they find themselves stopped by stronger forces

Sadly, I cannot see at the moment any other way to deal with ISIS other than force. The inevitability of that will be deaths in Ankara, Paris, London, who knows where else.

Have a pity for the world.

It is a sad, sad place.

I'm not sure if this poem belongs here, or in the Brexit Thread(s).

Pity the Nation

Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.

Pity the nation that wears a cloth it does not weave, eats a bread it does not harvest, and drinks a wine that flows not from its own wine-press.

Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero, and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful.

Pity the nation that despises a passion in its dream, yet submits in its awakening.

Pity the nation that raises not its voice save when it walks in a funeral, boasts not except among its ruins, and will rebel not save when its neck is laid between the sword and the block.

Pity the nation whose stateman is a fox, whose philosopher is a juggler, and whose art is the art of patching and mimicking.

Pity the nation that welcomes its new ruler with trumpetings, and farewells him with hootings, only to welcome another with trumpetings again.

Pity the nation whose sages are dumb with years and whose strong men are yet in the cradle.

Pity the nation divided into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation.

-- Khalil Gibran

from The Garden of the Prophet

Prayer: do nothing and still think you helped...

Or you could put up some pointless motif on Facebook so all the people in your social network think you care as your picture has a slightly different filter on it.

yes "they" have become a pain in the ass the stupid fucking filters,dont agree often but on this you're spot on.

i seriously doubt that the majority of people that put this stuff on their profiles etc ever actually take the time out to literally pray for whichever poor mugs have copped it at that particular time. but they don't make the memes up and also probably give it no thought. it all seems a little incendiary to me. why does it have to be pray? if the muslims suddenly appeared to grow more religious when we bomb them (which they do) then we would think they were nutcases

You have to ask yourself how they managed to reopen the airport just four and a half hours after this happened, 239 injured, 42 dead, 3 bombs, hundreds of shots fired.

https://memoryholeblog.com/2016/06/30/istanbul-airport-opens-4-1%E2%81%842-hours-after-triple-suicide-bombing-attack/

Nicely placed anti Russian propaganda from the BBC, how convenient.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36670576.

I have a feeling nobody died here, perhaps a good day for crisis actors though..

Can you explain the swift business as usual after such an event, surely finding the body parts of one suicide bomber would close a facility for longer, this is inconceivable to me. But there is much more wrong with this after close examination.

Archived