Labour and Tory Leadership Races

Chinahand

Brexit isn't a tragedy. It's the best thing that's happened in decades. Why are you so parochial?

Well, in your opinion it is. Because that's all the above is - your opinion.

Myself and some sixteen million others think that a trading nation deliberately making it difficult to go to market is plain stupidity...

we can now trade with the other 93% of the world

"Can trade" and "Can trade with the same preferential rates we had before" are not the same thing.

Why would they put hurdles in the way when they sell more to us than they buy from us?

Pour encourager les autres.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they put hurdles in the way when they sell more to us than they buy from us?

Pride. Maybe they don't care too much about the financial impact, like those who voted for Brexit.

The German car manufacturers will soon put them right. And if not, we will collect more tariffs then we pay. Folk will still want their Mercedes and BMWs.

The main economic danger is from all the "end of the world" nut cases trying to talk us into a depression.

All anyone can do right now is guess on what might happen. Because the Scribbling Servants were instructed NOT to plan for Brexit in case it was leaked and influenced the vote so that includes the politicians.

Think back to the campaign where Gove backed Johnson to the hilt and then gave it a twist. Their first ploy was the economic one with their ridiculous £350m a week to the EU. When they started losing that argument they unashamedly and disgracefully played the xenophobe card - and it worked.

Here is my guess on what will happen. The EU will want to apply quite serious tariffs - for no other reason that they can so they might as well. These can be eased with concessions on issues like free movement of EU citizens across borders.

So all the xenophobic thick as pigshit Daily Wail reading Little Englanders will have created years of doubt and uncertainty - for nothing.

They must be so proud....

All anyone can do right now is guess on what might happen. Because the Scribbling Servants were instructed NOT to plan for Brexit in case it was leaked and influenced the vote so that includes the politicians.

Think back to the campaign where Gove backed Johnson to the hilt and then gave it a twist. Their first ploy was the economic one with their ridiculous £350m a week to the EU. When they started losing that argument they unashamedly and disgracefully played the xenophobe card - and it worked.

Here is my guess on what will happen. The EU will want to apply quite serious tariffs - for no other reason that they can so they might as well. These can be eased with concessions on issues like free movement of EU citizens across borders.

So all the xenophobic thick as pigshit Daily Wail reading Little Englanders will have created years of doubt and uncertainty - for nothing.

Of course your side of the argument must be right, mustn't it? It is inconceivable that the "out" side might know better than you. That trade in the future will improve. That Europe will be better off without the drive to a superstate from Brussels. The Daily Mail really would love it if they had 17 million readers! From what I hear, many of the people who voted "remain" are worried that they won't be able to travel to Europe in future. There isn't a monopoly of ignorance on any side.

Of course your side of the argument must be right, mustn't it? It is inconceivable that the "out" side might know better than you. That trade in the future will improve. That Europe will be better off without the drive to a superstate from Brussels. The Daily Mail really would love it if they had 17 million readers! From what I hear, many of the people who voted "remain" are worried that they won't be able to travel to Europe in future. There isn't a monopoly of ignorance on any side.

http://www.britishelectionstudy.com/bes-findings/what-mattered-most-to-you-when-deciding-how-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendum/

Of course your side of the argument must be right, mustn't it? It is inconceivable that the "out" side might know better than you. That trade in the future will improve. That Europe will be better off without the drive to a superstate from Brussels.

Of course, your side of the argument must be right, mustn't it?

So what is your guess on the next few years?

Because like everyone else I would like to be better off.

But I don't see it happening...

Think of it as though you were Britain today considering joining the EU as it is today. Would you? The status quo doesn't look good and it's heading downhill fast. Is that really disputable? We've been too lazy for too long.

So what is your guess on the next few years?

then we go under WTO rules which are between 3-10%, a good thing for the uk on trade weight basis i.e. we will be better off

also no separate eu deal for scotland

win win

Archived