Labour and Tory Leadership Races

Chinahand

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox is a nasty piece of work, he won't resonate with the public or the Tory membership. He'd be a disasterous PM. I suppose I should want him as he'll do such damage that Labour or a successor Progressive Party will have a much stronger chance. But the damage he'd do in the short term would be to great.

At the moment May seems the best of the country.

Fox is a nasty piece of work, he won't resonate with the public or the Tory membership. He'd be a disasterous PM. I suppose I should want him as he'll do such damage that Labour or a successor Progressive Party will have a much stronger chance. But the damage he'd do in the short term would be to great.

At the moment May seems the best of the country.

I agree with you. May is the best bet. Maybe from what you say Fox and Corbyn should be big mates.

I think the reason he's not standing is the Leave camp have just realised he never had a plan for post-Brexit Britain.

I know all political careers end in failure, but the Referendum is turning into the election everybody lost.

Exactly. Fat piece of shit couldn't back up one word of what he said. He lied to the country, fueled hatred and division, and then fucked off when he couldn't back any of it up. Fucked up the country then just walked away shrugging his shoulders and making buffoonish noises.

you may be right , but Generals have , since WW 1 led from the back , marginally in front of the politicians that instructed them to go to war.

It would appear that the "Royal Family" have to provide a bit of 'cannon fodder' along with HM forces ( seldom the children of the politicians that declared the war).

If memory serves was it not Mrs Thatcher who said "In order to preserve the forrest trees it is sometimes necessary to sacrifice the brushwood"...... and we all know who the "brushwood" arelaugh.png

flowers.gif

you may be right , but Generals have , since WW 1 led from the back , marginally in front of the politicians that instructed them to go to war.

A popular myth, but a myth nonetheless. A lot of generals were killed or wounded in action on the front line in WW1.

a relatively old article but seems quite prophetic now. i don't really follow politics too much but corbyn interested me because of the level of abuse and undermining he has been subjected to by the main media since taking over. cant see it myself but they were trying just a bit too hard. classic signs of fear in this respect

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/09/22/the-assassination-of-jeremy-corbyn-operation-ridicule/

I'm sure there's an element of new Labour plotting against him. But the current resignations are people who gave him a chance.

Now I'm not a politician, but I think, if people are out to get you and questioning your leadership qualities, you try to look in control. You don't turn up at the launch of a report into possible anti-semitism amongst your supporters and draw a comparison between Israel and ISIS.

Archived