Chilcott report

I imagine the usual suspects - Sun, Torygraph, Excess etc etc no doubt led by a hysterical Daily Wail will pick up on anything that even mentions Blair et al and will peddle it with all their usual "which could mean" etc etc etc expounding all sorts of theories as if they were facts like they've been doing since Thatchers era.

Of course, as soon as Aunty Beeb broadcasts a balanced view the same appalling excuses for "newspapers" will immediately accuse them of left wing bias for no other reason than the Beeb doesn't follow the slavish sycophancy the "editors" have to display to their owners.

The UK "free press" in action - what a sick joke that's become....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blair might hopefully be thrown to the wolves when in reality he was just a frontman for the establishment. Prime ministers don't decide to go to war off their own back, there are a whole army of people who were there before him and who are still there now in the background making decisions that he rubberstamps but if it's expedient to divert attention away then I'm sure they'll do it. Couldn't happen to a nicer fella.

Could of would of should of brigade will be out in force. Nothing like a lynching to satisfy the blood lust.

Which is totally justified.

He should feel the weight of every dead service person and innocent killed during the illegal conflict.

Just that he also allowed people to needlessly die in order to achieve particular political goals. The kind of actions that with hindsight should ,could, or maybe if you were in charge would of been avoided. These decisions are especially easy to judge and condemn when your sat in an armchair and the biggest decision you face is peas or beans with tea.

If you dont want to die for someone elses political ambition then dont join the army.

I think we all remember Blair's modest little comment "...“A day like today is not a day for soundbites, we can leave those at home, but I feel the hand of history upon our shoulders.".

Quote of the day for me in Westminster's debate today "Isn't it time that the hand of history should be feeling somebody's collar?".

Could of would of should of brigade will be out in force. Nothing like a lynching to satisfy the blood lust.

......and the could of, would of, should of brigade should have be lynched by the Grammar Police ! thumbsup.gif

Just that he also allowed people to needlessly die in order to achieve particular political goals. The kind of actions that with hindsight should ,could, or maybe if you were in charge would of been avoided. These decisions are especially easy to judge and condemn when your sat in an armchair and the biggest decision you face is peas or beans with tea.

If you dont want to die for someone elses political ambition then dont join the army.

Precisely. The armed forces are an extension of foreign policy, and policy is the province of politicians. We all know how honest, reliable, diligent, truthful and well-meaning they are, don't we?

Archived