Chilcott report

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Observing Blair responding to the Chilcot Inquiry report, I genuinely wonder if he hasn't lost his mind.

He reminds me of some deluded individuals claiming to hear voices guiding them to commit some atrocity or other.

When challenged that he was the one who suggested a coalition, he replied with something along the lines of "I wanted to be the first 'phone call that President Bush called".

He also stated that the early days of the conflict (don't mention 'war' as Geneva Convention rules may apply) were very successful. I remember well the awful images of the Shock and Awe attacks slaughtering goodness knows who on the ground. Heart breaking stuff.

"I take full responsibility" he claims before blaming the intelligence reports for his subsequent actions.

He disregarded the reports by UNMOVIC head, Dr Hans Blix, and rushed headlong into conflict with Bush Jnr like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Then the atrocious insult of his being appointed as Middle East Peace Envoy, in which (Gee, this is just to say thanks for being there Tony) role he seems to have networked his way into the tents of some of the most dubious creatures on the planet while Iraqi children scavenge to survive.

He's now making millions while other people have died or been maimed and families destroyed on both sides.

There aren't enough words to describe my sheer, unadulterated detestation of this man.

I suspect that the man is sliding into lunacy.

/rant over

Observing Blair responding to the Chilcot Inquiry report, I genuinely wonder if he hasn't lost his mind.

He reminds me of some deluded individuals claiming to hear voices guiding them to commit some atrocity or other.

When challenged that he was the one who suggested a coalition, he replied with something along the lines of "I wanted to be the first 'phone call that President Bush called".

He also stated that the early days of the conflict (don't mention 'war' as Geneva Convention rules may apply) were very successful. I remember well the awful images of the Shock and Awe attacks slaughtering goodness knows who on the ground. Heart breaking stuff.

"I take full responsibility" he claims before blaming the intelligence reports for his subsequent actions.

He disregarded the reports by UNMOVIC head, Dr Hans Blix, and rushed headlong into conflict with Bush Jnr like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Then the atrocious insult of his being appointed as Middle East Peace Envoy, in which (Gee, this is just to say thanks for being there Tony) role he seems to have networked his way into the tents of some of the most dubious creatures on the planet while Iraqi children scavenge to survive.

He's now making millions while other people have died or been maimed and families destroyed on both sides.

There aren't enough words to describe my sheer, unadulterated detestation of this man.

I suspect that the man is sliding into lunacy.

/rant over

Or he's just a sociopath with a big ego who loves money.

The tales of inadequate equipment for the troops, some of which had to be responsible for increased loss of life or life-changing injuries is incredible.

The average mother prepares her baby's nappy bag with more attention to supplies therein.

Good post Addie. I thought he was very nervous on Newsnight last night, almost like he couldn't quite get the right words out.

Never supported going into Iraq, especially after Afghanistan, and what we now have is an almighty clusterfuck in the middle east with who knows who on which side.

Dear oh dear oh dear WHAT a feeding frenzy with the Daily Wail predictably the most hysterical of the lot. It even made some of the Spanish dailys here in Ciutadella.

Lack of equipment is down to the MOD but it was ever thus. Not exhausting all possibilities is only relevant if you think you might get somewhere and totally irrelevant if you're sure you won't.

Etc etc etc....

Dear oh dear oh dear WHAT a feeding frenzy with the Daily Wail predictably the most hysterical of the lot. It even made some of the Spanish dailys here in Ciutadella.

Lack of equipment is down to the MOD but it was ever thus. Not exhausting all possibilities is only relevant if you think you might get somewhere and totally irrelevant if you're sure you won't.

Etc etc etc....

You're in Spain? Do you live there? That would explain a lot.

You're in Spain? Do you live there? That would explain a lot.

So you've never heard of going on holiday then?

Well, that REALLY does explain a lot...

Must be a crap holiday if you're spending it on here. I have a house in Spain actually and love the country very much. I merely thought that if you lived there it might logically explain your views on the other thread.

Menorca has been our favourite holiday spot probably for the last ten years. Simply because of the peace and quiet.

If you have a house in Spain then you're very lucky. Unless, of course, it's in some god-awful Club Wally urbanization...

Archived