Chilcott report

Something we agree on. I love Menorca too. The ancient streets of Mahon to the wide open spaces. No we're on the mainland down in Andalucia but well away from the Costas. Real Spanish pueblo. I've been grappling with the language since I was a kid and always try to speak it when I'm there because the locals do love it when you make an effort. Not many Brits bother even if they are there full time. Beautiful language too and a great way of life.

However, I'm not keen on Tony Blair.............

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Menorca Catalan speaking then?

Similar, but it has it's own dialect of Catalan as does Mallorca. I haven't got a clue of Catalan, only Castilian Spanish but everyone has a knowledge of that so it's OK. Was British at one time too. Very interesting island.

Good post Addie. I thought he was very nervous on Newsnight last night, almost like he couldn't quite get the right words out.

Never supported going into Iraq, especially after Afghanistan, and what we now have is an almighty clusterfuck in the middle east with who knows who on which side.

He is scum. I'm sure the only reason he switched to Catholicism is that it's one of the few religions that believes in the concept of absolution. Otherwise the only thing he has to look forward to is being buggered by a white-hot poker for all eternity for what he did. Smug piece of murdering crap.

though at least greville janner spoke up for him

Lord Janner, a Labor peer and the chairman of the Holocaust Education Trust, said: "I think these comments are sad and unfounded. Tony Blair is his own man. He will follow advice if he considers it correct and not otherwise. He has been a good friend of the Jewish people and the Jewish state."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greville_Janner

Good post Addie. I thought he was very nervous on Newsnight last night, almost like he couldn't quite get the right words out.

Never supported going into Iraq, especially after Afghanistan, and what we now have is an almighty clusterfuck in the middle east with who knows who on which side.

He is scum. I'm sure the only reason he switched to Catholicism is that it's one of the few religions that believes in the concept of absolution. Otherwise the only thing he has to look forward to is being buggered by a white-hot poker for all eternity for what he did. Smug piece of murdering crap.
FFS how many more times do I have to post this up before you morons get it???

Hallabja was completely wiped out. Men, women, children, babies. Probably by a particularly nasty nerve agent called Sarin. So come on smart-arses, where the fuck do you think that came from?

Iraq invades Iran hoping to take advantage of the turmoil in the country. Iran responds by using it's superior manpower and up to a million Pasdaran are casualties due to appalling WMD like Powder Mustard Gas. So where do you clowns think that came from?

And all you can think to do is chant your "No WMD found in Iraq" mantra which is as stupid and pointless as you are...

its taking it a little too far to regard mustard gas in any way as a weapon of mass destruction. more a dangerous incapacitant but nonetheless you wont see too many pics of the shells.. mainly because its quite hard to get the right angle to avoid the Made In The USA stamp and jaunty messages all over them

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0

FFS how many more times do I have to post this up before you morons get it???

Hallabja was completely wiped out. Men, women, children, babies. Probably by a particularly nasty nerve agent called Sarin. So come on smart-arses, where the fuck do you think that came from?

Iraq invades Iran hoping to take advantage of the turmoil in the country. Iran responds by using it's superior manpower and up to a million Pasdaran are casualties due to appalling WMD like Powder Mustard Gas. So where do you clowns think that came from?

And all you can think to do is chant your "No WMD found in Iraq" mantra which is as stupid and pointless as you are...

Clown, moron, pointless, smart arse? That doesn't address the fundamental issue that the war or conflict was not based on international law and the troops went in ill-equipped and ill-prepared with no real plan for the aftermath.

The aftermath of the Kuwait invasion was much better dealt with as the US reconstruction was already planned before that little carry on was executed. Halliburton did very well and I know that from a non-populist position. Fact is, the immediate spoils were not able to be divvied up in the latest Iraqi debacle.

Archived