Trident and stuff

TheTeapot

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever.

You are saying that a terrorist will never...ever get their hands on a WMD?

That is a different proposition which has no bearing whatsoever on the principle of deterrence between states. You cannot uninvent nuclear weapons, which would be an undesirable development anyway, so our deterrent is irrelevant to terrorism. It isn't in that particular equation.

That is a different proposition which has no bearing whatsoever on the principle of deterrence between states. You cannot uninvent nuclear weapons, which would be an undesirable development anyway, so our deterrent is irrelevant to terrorism. It isn't in that particular equation.

You're still using a fallacy to maintain that we need a deterrence.

When will we start investing in magically anti-leopard stones? The people are at risk.

chemical/biological is the next biggie, shootings and driving trucks through crowds is starting to lose the effect it had initially

Indeed. Unlike a nuclear weapon which requires a high degree of skill and material availability, bio/chem warfare are relatively simple to make and obtain.

As I said about this time yesterday, rmanx, you clearly do not comprehend the concept of deterrence. Either that, or you know full well what you are posting is illogical but you are so wedded to the policies of the left that you cannot bring yourself to admit it.

As I said about this time yesterday, rmanx, you clearly do not comprehend the concept of deterrence. Either that, or you know full well what you are posting is illogical but you are so wedded to the policies of the left that you cannot bring yourself to admit it.

I understand deterrence...I just don't believe in its effectiveness or relevance.

Also you (and Tarne, Helix, etc) are the ones using the logical fallacy. There is only a causal link between owning nukes and not being nuked.

As always, we have reached an impass between my so called "lefty liberal" views and your hard line right wing views.

I understand deterrence...I just don't believe in its effectiveness or relevance.

Also you (and Tarne, Helix, etc) are the ones using the logical fallacy. There is only a causal link between owning nukes and not being nuked.

As always, we have reached an impass between my so called "lefty liberal" views and your hard line right wing views.

It's not a logical fallacy. We both know that your answer (and basically everybody else's too) to the "would you shoot a guy if it was guaranteed he'd shoot you too" is no.

Archived