Trident and stuff

TheTeapot

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...repulse a large scale invasion decisively.

"We" do have the advantage of being an island nation...

That was looking a bit wobbly in 1940. However, we also have the advantage of a stonking great bomb with "vapourisation of your capital" written on the side. Concentrates the mind. I remember that idiot Kinnock telling the Soviets that when in power he would scrap the UK deterrent if they would scrap an equivalent number of theirs. He thought he'd got a good deal. He didn't understand deterrence either.

That was looking a bit wobbly in 1940. However, we also have the advantage of a stonking great bomb with "vapourisation of your capital" written on the side. Concentrates the mind. I remember that idiot Kinnock telling the Soviets that when in power he would scrap the UK deterrent if they would scrap an equivalent number of theirs. He thought he'd got a good deal. He didn't understand deterrence either.

Quite. It would have put the planks on the Eastern border at increased risk.

You would hope Labour would have learned from the "Kinnochio Effect" but apparently not...

I'm not blase. I advocate vigilance and keeping deterrence. To get rid would be blase.

Seems a bit straw-man given that nobody serious is proposing unilateral nuclear disarmament.

No, but by not supporting the Trident programme the proposal would be for nuclear disarmament for the UK.

We can't be having that. Long live Trident and the Vanguard class Sub.

No, but by not supporting the Trident programme the proposal would be for nuclear disarmament for the UK.

We can't be having that. Long live Trident and the Vanguard class Sub.

Nobody serious is opposing Trident in principle. The questions raised by those MPs with a special interest in the forces have related to the political background.

Your "long live" thing is silly. Find a less important issue to troll. A serious adult doesn't talk like that. It shows a casual lack of respect for the close-knit family of serious people who actually go to sea for months at a time.

Archived