Trident and stuff

TheTeapot

If we had had them in 1939, WW2 wouldn't have happened. Do you think that if Ukraine hadn't signed away its rights to nuclear weapons with territorial guarantees by all the major powers, it would be in the mess it is now? Some guarantee.

It's like all the other nice things the lefties dream of. You cannot uninvent nuclear weapons. And would it be such a good thing if you could? Conventional warfare is not a picnic. They have largely kept the peace in Europe for 70 years. Nuclear weapons, NOT the EU. All of those complaining about nuclear arsenals and marching around for CND like Corbyn, have spent nice comfy lives sheltering behind them. SNP? What a bloody disgrace they are.

+1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does any rational human being believe that the biggest nuclear threat would be delivered by missile?

The threat of a 'nuclear ied' being delivered in a truck or a ship is very frightening, and it will only become more likely. It need not be a fission or fusion weapon. As we all know, a drum of spent nuclear fuel combined with conventional explosives would be quite appalling in a big city.

But that isn't what deterrence is supposed to deter, and so long as there are threats from nuclear armed states it is necessary to counter them.

I feel sorry for Japan, they don't have nuclear weapons , they must be "bricking it", given that if it kicks off "we all dead", why don't we just detonate all we have , just means we go first ? . That'll teach them flowers.gif

I feel sorry for Japan, they don't have nuclear weapons , they must be "bricking it", given that if it kicks off "we all dead", why don't we just detonate all we have , just means we go first ? . That'll teach them flowers.gif

You don't really understand deterrence do you?

• 6 months later...

After listening to theresa mays speech on brexit and so obvious emphasis of somebody elses written emphasis i can't say her avoiding questions on this issue comes as too much of a surprise. The only real surprise is that nobody is blaming putin personally as yet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4144200/Trident-fiasco-covered-No10.html

MAD stopped there being a world war 3. There are dangers such as a rogue nation or terrorists getting their hands on a nuke, but so far it hasn't happened (I am aware of the North Koreans, I believe theirs is to protect their rule and sovereignity).

Just completely as a hypothetical, if the Isle of Man had a nuke, we'd suddenly have a lot more 'friends'. I'm also pretty sure we'd drop it and blow Douglas up.

Archived