Sports Direct IOM

ans

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Craig King said:

Slight change of subject but I see Dealz has now got a downstairs as part of the store. It's morphing back into Woolworths.

Have you seen what they are selling downstairs. All items guaranteed till you get them to the top of the stairs. At least Woolies stuff lasted the week :)

10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Have you seen what they are selling downstairs. All items guaranteed till you get them to the top of the stairs. At least Woolies stuff lasted the week :)

What are they selling down there?

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

What are they selling down there?

General household goods and clothing. Their clothing makes Primark positively Gucci standard

Just now, dilligaf said:

Enough said. :(

When it opened, morbid curiosity got the better of me and I hiked down for a look. It was that bad I put a bag on my head so that nobody would recognise me. Unfortunately the bag fell apart at the top of the stairs :rolleyes:

Just now, Neil Down said:

When it opened, morbid curiosity got the better of me and I hiked down for a look. It was that bad I put a bag on my head so that nobody would recognise me. Unfortunately the bag fell apart at the top of the stairs :rolleyes:

Hope it was free and you were not charged 5p for it.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Please see my previous post....and whenever I've been in there, the tills are busy...sign of the way it's going?

Can't argue with that NB but people seem to think they are getting a bargain when in reality they are not. The cans of assorted foods are smaller than those in the supermarkets therefore making them more expensive. There are some bargains to be had but not that many

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Please see my previous post....and whenever I've been in there, the tills are busy...sign of the way it's going?

This, we're a lemonade economy with a champagne price tag.

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Can't argue with that NB but people seem to think they are getting a bargain when in reality they are not. The cans of assorted foods are smaller than those in the supermarkets therefore making them more expensive. There are some bargains to be had but not that many

Agreed...but people are just looking at the price tag and seeing cheap? But the way Govt and Co. is ripping chunks out of disposable income that's the way it's going.

Allinson presents a 6% MUA hike to Comin. They're reported as "shocked". But it goes through Tynwald anyway.

3 months later, Harmer puts a similar DOI hike through and there's barely a murmur, only Callister and Hooper voice any opposition.

Naff all said about MG's last rise either, just OFT "justification" about how we're supposedly better off than Jersey from that stuffed shirt Perkins.

I honestly believe that they don't realise or care or know what the effects are on the lower economic levels down the line. Except for the "unwelcome" images of the likes of Dealz that don't tally with what DED would like to present. Because it's now probably one of the busier outlets in Strand St.

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It's just a big Moocher's, without the cheesy grin at the till. :)

Cretiney shut his emporium because Dealz opened. Then the tosser jumped onto the MLC gravy train. Horrible little man

Just now, Neil Down said:

Cretiney shut his emporium because Dealz opened. Then the tosser jumped onto the MLC gravy train. Horrible little man

Strange fella really.

Always a good laugh and game for anything, but FFS, sacked as a postman, later to become head of the Post Office, fantastic salary for decades, ( on the back of loving the poor worker and the OAPs :o )

Close to being emptied as an MHK, jumps ship and is now on bigger money for even less work.

Hundreds of those who voted him in, in the first place are now skint and living on SFA, as in benefits. 

I just hope he can face those voters when he meets them. Shame.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Strange fella really.

Always a good laugh and game for anything, but FFS, sacked as a postman, later to become head of the Post Office, fantastic salary for decades, ( on the back of loving the poor worker and the OAPs :o )

Close to being emptied as an MHK, jumps ship and is now on bigger money for even less work.

Hundreds of those who voted him in, in the first place are now skint and living on SFA, as in benefits. 

I just hope he can face those voters when he meets them. Shame.

I called him out a couple of times when he was being frugal with the truth. He should have been sacked over the TT contract debacle

Archived