Sports Direct IOM

ans

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:05 PM, Uhtred said:

The thread is much funnier, and indeed valuable, if you simply modify it to "football"...or even "fanny".

And say it with a Scottish accent

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Well that should keep another dozen Vietnamese 6 year-olds in work then.

Sorry to blow your mind hun, but pretty much everything you buy down strand street is made in china, even the manx themed shit.

Intersport going to Ramsey makes sense.   The rent on that unit won't be too bad at all and there are plenty of potential customers and the town isn't awash with competition in that sector.

Thommo - is that correct is it?  If so that's big investments and statements of intent from two major Uk retailers.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Jd sports is going in that new building that's built by next

JD Sports are the owners of Millets which are fitting out their new larger premises at Tower House. I don't know who is going to take the new glass fronted building next to Top Shop. I would doubt another sportswear shop would open. Mind you the owner of Sports Direct has large shareholdings in other various well known high street retailers. 

2 hours ago, notwell said:

Intersport going to Ramsey makes sense.   The rent on that unit won't be too bad at all and there are plenty of potential customers and the town isn't awash with competition in that sector.

Thommo - is that correct is it?  If so that's big investments and statements of intent from two major Uk retailers.

That's what I've been told. Millets and jd sports are owned by the same people. Millets is going into tower house.

Which is why I think it is less likely that they are pumping £250k a year rent plus a huge fit out into that new building because you'd expect milletts to occupy some of that.

With Sports Direct here I just find that hard to see happening.

Who told you that?  Someone actually involved?

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It is JD Sports advertising for staff. Millets/Blacks have their own careers site. No IoM jobs on that one as I assume they have already recruited the staff for the Tower House premises.

so SD are opening up in The Strand and JD in Tower House - any idea when?

13 hours ago, notwell said:

Which is why I think it is less likely that they are pumping £250k a year rent plus a huge fit out into that new building because you'd expect milletts to occupy some of that.

With Sports Direct here I just find that hard to see happening.

Who told you that?  Someone actually involved?

Hi

Yeah it was someone involved. No reason to disbelieve him 

Archived