Sports Direct IOM

ans

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Five minute wonder however understandable the are based here to avoid paying tax, they are no doubt enjoying the benefits of our low tax regime with its tax caps. That is What it is all about.          Bugatti the Manx firms that have paid tax for years. Why do you think Marksies, Boots etc weather it out.....tax not haven but very friendly.

yearall

Boots and Marksies weather it out because they make a very decent profit here. Nothing to do with tax. Just simply very very busy stores doing well. 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2017 at 5:11 PM, TheTeapot said:

Its fucking awful. Despite being quite big it felt incredibly claustrophobic, very busy too. Although so was Douglas town centre in general.

I went in the other day and it was empty, although the staff were too busy talking to each other to serve anyone anyway.

Its actually two shops, the first floor is USM (or something like that) which sells mid priced designer labels (like police and pretty green) and the top floor is sports direct which sells low end sports gear.

With Flannels on the ground floor they have basically got all chav income groups covered.

Seriously, I cannot see how those stores will survive.

Flannels sells overpriced designer gear like stone island or armani jeans for the price of a second hand car, USM sells tat for at least twice as much as its worth, and sports direct sells cheap tat at cheap tat prices.

Surely there are not enough chavs on the island for them to make a profit?

On 9/2/2017 at 5:11 PM, TheTeapot said:

Its fucking awful. Despite being quite big it felt incredibly claustrophobic, very busy too. Although so was Douglas town centre in general.

I think it's fucking great. Just to balance things out a bit. Oh, and I hate tea. Coffee all the way. Cheers

52 minutes ago, Bellefield said:

I went in the other day and it was empty, although the staff were too busy talking to each other to serve anyone anyway.

Its actually two shops, the first floor is USM (or something like that) which sells mid priced designer labels (like police and pretty green) and the top floor is sports direct which sells low end sports gear.

With Flannels on the ground floor they have basically got all chav income groups covered.

Seriously, I cannot see how those stores will survive.

Flannels sells overpriced designer gear like stone island or armani jeans for the price of a second hand car, USM sells tat for at least twice as much as its worth, and sports direct sells cheap tat at cheap tat prices.

Surely there are not enough chavs on the island for them to make a profit?

Well you went in didn't you...

You're a bit of a snob aren't ya Bellefield? Council estate kids are not the only ones getting things from Sports Direct. I have 2 lads and I was quite sick of Turners not having their size of trainers or only having one £52 tracksuit top in their size.

When I was a youngster all I needed for PE was trainers, skorts and a t-shirt, now the kids need, rugby shorts, football shorts, rugby shirt, football shirt, house shirt, tracksuit, cricket whites, 3 different types of sock, swimming trunks, blades, studs, trainers and a f'in water bottle and I've probably missed something (the joy of the weekly wash in the hive...kill me) I'm glad we have a Sports Direct and have had good experiences with the staff each time I've been in.

Archived