Sports Direct IOM

ans

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is better than nothing. But when a Sports Direct opens up because of 'demand' then you know all you need to know.

We need to stop pretending we're Jersey.

There's been a branch in St Helier for years. However, I do agree with you in that despite all the nonsense talked about the IOMs wish to be seen as some HNW paradise were largely an Island of not that highly paid people doing some fairly basic jobs which places us more in the Dealz and Sports Direct catchment group than Harvey Nicks and Gucci.

Something is better than nothing. But when a Sports Direct opens up because of 'demand' then you know all you need to know.

There's been a branch in St Helier for years. However, I do agree with you in that despite all the nonsense talked about the IOMs wish to be seen as some HNW paradise were largely an Island of not that highly paid people doing some fairly basic jobs which places us more in the Dealz and Sports Direct catchment group than Harvey Nicks and Gucci.

You are living in dream land if you think Jersey is in great shape economically

You are living in dream land if you think Jersey is in great shape economically

Clearly I'm living in dreamland. Is there any topic that you are not a self proclaimed expert on?

Who said I'm an expert?

But clearly you know fuck all about Jersey. That's apparent.

It isn't what I know. It's what you clearly don't know.

You seem to regard yourself as an expert (which you never seem to back up). Where did I say anything about the Jersey economy being better than the IOMs above? I said it positions itself better as a high value living and shopping centre for HNWs and suggested that average wages were higher there than here which I know is true as I've seen survey data that 100% backs that up. I didn't say anything else other than we are a low wage economy (more so if you strip government wages out) that really can only aspire to Dealz and Sports Direct regardless of what our government might think and that other places at least put on a much better show.

Who said I'm an expert?

But clearly you know fuck all about Jersey. That's apparent.

It isn't what I know. It's what you clearly don't know.

You seem to regard yourself as an expert (which you never seem to back up). Where did I say anything about the Jersey economy being better than the IOMs above? I said it positions itself better as a high value living and shopping centre for HNWs and suggested that average wages were higher there than here which I know is true as I've seen survey data that 100% backs that up. I didn't say anything else other than we are a low wage economy (more so if you strip government wages out) that really can only aspire to Dealz and Sports Direct regardless of what our government might think and that other places at least put on a much better show.
You seem to think the Isle of Man aspires to be Jersey. It doesn't.

The reality is that you are connecting a "low wage economy" to Sports Direct arriving then conveniently ignoring they are in Jersey already who are apparently a high wage economy?

It is also a shockingly expensive economy to live in. If you think your average Joe is rolling in it on a higher average wage the you've clearly never been there?

The reality is that economies are changing. Dealz could quite easily be in Jersey. They have an equivalent.

What does that day about them then?

Yes I know nothing. Thanks for pointing it out. I lived in Jersey for several years by the way so have experience both sides. Thanks for your (lack of) insight though.

Ah that explains it. The snooty deluded jersey superiority complex.

Yes I know nothing. Thanks for pointing it out. I lived in Jersey for several years by the way so have experience both sides. Thanks for your (lack of) insight though.

Ah that explains it. The snooty deluded jersey superiority complex.

You have a massive attitude problem pal.

Where did I say that either? As I pointed out at the start Jersey has had a sports direct for years.

Archived