Electricty Pre Payment Keys

FCMR

Tennants that have moved into the new Corpy flats in Load Street Douglas have been refused permision to have pre payment key metres fitted by the Corpy. As most of the tennants are low income people the need for the key metres is a must.

Tennants that have moved into the new Corpy flats in Load Street Douglas have been refused permision to have pre payment key metres fitted by the Corpy. As most of the tennants are low income people the need for the key metres is a must.

Totally agree, pre-payment has helped me much in the past.

The most important thing is being able to have a choice of the differant payment options.

i have a key meter and all it does is scares me at how fast it uses credit at the moment now the unit price has gone up, did a small test last nite and when i come in from the pub i checked the meter and it read £3.18 and when i got up at 6 and checked it it read £2.79 :o and all it was doing is powering a fridge , small beer fridge, a freezer and the usual video,tv combo on standby :o:o

Some years ago Peter karran MHK succesfully introduced legislation to allow tenants to have their own accounts with the MEA. Also restrictions were made on landlords sub selling energy.

I suspect the Douglas Corporation may be in breach of the electricity acts if what FCMR states.

I intend to research this and get back.

This thread is extremely important in view of the current electricity situation.

I also will phone Peter Karran MHK and ask advice.

BRB ASAP.

Health and Safety is the reason given by the Corpy to the tennants

i have a key meter and all it does is scares me at how fast it uses credit at the moment now the unit price has gone up, did a small test last nite and when i come in from the pub i checked the meter and it read £3.18 and when i got up at 6 and checked it  it read £2.79 :o  and all it was doing is powering a fridge , small beer fridge, a freezer  and the usual video,tv combo on standby  :o  :o

I bet it doesnt eat up money at the same rate as your visit to the pub did ! And it does useful work.

Some years ago Peter karran MHK succesfully introduced legislation to allow tenants to have their own accounts with the MEA. Also restrictions were made on landlords sub selling energy.

Douglas Corporation are not sub selling energy

I suspect the Douglas Corporation may be in breach of the electricity acts if what FCMR states.

rubbish !

I also will phone Peter Karran MHK and ask advice.

BRB ASAP.

You will probably need an interpreter ... I am an avid reader of Hansard and have never encountered such a poor command of the English language in respect of any politician anywhere else. In addition, if Hansard reports him correctly, Mr Karran seems to have a great deal of difficulty in understanding argument and in articulating his own thoughts in a manner anyone else can understand. Notwithstanding my reservations about the quality of Mr Karran as a Parliamentarian .. is he anyhow the MHK for that area of Douglas ?

You will probably need an interpreter ... I am an avid reader of Hansard and have never encountered such a poor command of the English language in respect of any politician anywhere else. In addition, if Hansard reports him correctly, Mr Karran seems to have a great deal of difficulty in understanding argument and in articulating his own thoughts in a manner anyone else can understand. Notwithstanding my reservations about the quality of Mr Karran as a Parliamentarian .. is he anyhow the MHK for that area of Douglas ?

It’s not unusual for highly intelligent people to verbally communicate in way that is difficult to follow. In part this is that their very active mind is frequently making jumps from peak to peak whilst the part of their brain that is used for speech is lagging behind.

Even their questions seem simple if not at times downright simplistic, and their seeming inability to understand the reply can and often is nothing more than a search by them for clarification where they suspect duplicity or to remove possible ambiguity in an answer.

I was once fortunate enough to work closely with just such a person. He had a staggering intellect and an amazing ability to see through problems, many highly complex and I do mean complex, yet had to write things down sometimes several times in order to get his deductions across.

I would be very very careful before writing off a person who has achieved a senior position in industry or public life on the basis of his communication skills, especially someone like Peter Karran whose record speaks volumes and in a form that anyone with an ounce of grey matter should be able to read.

My Grandfathers brother was deaf and dumb, but in 1942 the Germans knew he was a crack shot with his English gun :lol:

i have a key meter and all it does is scares me at how fast it uses credit at the moment now the unit price has gone up, did a small test last nite and when i come in from the pub i checked the meter and it read £3.18 and when i got up at 6 and checked it  it read £2.79 :o  and all it was doing is powering a fridge , small beer fridge, a freezer  and the usual video,tv combo on standby  :o  :o

The MEA have royaly fekked us all over. The £4,000 of debt per head by the MEA alone is a frightening statistic.

Go watch him in person, he's quite something. If he doesn't know the word for something, he just makes it up. The others pretty much take the mick out of him all the time too.

Rog: you've not met him have you? :)

Peter Karran may not be the most eloquent of speakers but I would rather see a few more like him in the House of Keys than the glib tongued fools who have made a total mess of things in the last few years

Archived