Attorney General Retires On Grounds Of Ill Health

ManxTaxPayer

Attorney General Retires On Grounds Of Ill Health,

Translation,

We made a complete horses arse of the affair and to save face we pay SH off with a handsome lump of taxpayers funds, include a non disclosure clause, then use the tried and tested, "Due to ill health" as the reason. Nothing new, been done so often, we can get away with this wheeze loads of times, no one will notice the deceit and if they do, who cares?

Good luck to SH, i wish him well.

No need to worry about the cost. As has already been said that pencil necked twat,Teare, has withdrawn the pensioners TV licence fund to compensate.

Edited by Lisenchuk
  • Like 1

Easier for you to post them.

What are your terms that you are complaining about vis-a-vis the AG?

You have a gold plated pension. It has cost you more than a lot of Civil Servants who might have worked in the CS at the time you were in the Police but let's not pretend it is poor value. Either in relation to other CS pensions or pension in the real world.

• Like 1

Stephen Harding had been suspended from the role for some time but was still getting his £160,000 salary.

'Some time' indeed. To revisit a post I made back in January 2012:

The salary for the position is £159,737 per annum from April 2009 according to the job spec already quoted, along with a non-contributory pension. This actually more than the Attorney General for England and Wales gets which I think is just the standard Cabinet minister's £134,565, (though that includes their salary as MP as well) and, to make a comparison with a non-politician holding the job, is much more than the salary of the Lord Advocate, his Scottish equivalent, which is £105,214. Both have contributory pensions.

Incidentally the Courier story confirms he has been off since October (I suspect they got the story from here as they picked up on the absence from 18 October Tynwald mentioned earlier) as they rang the AG's office who said he had been off, but nothing more. In that case it makes it all the more urgent that something is done about what is generally agreed to be a government department with troubles which has now been leaderless for four months.

So he's actually been off for nearly five years and was paid far more than the equivalent people in much larger jurisdictions. It all goes to show just how costly and slow the Manx legal system is. And how nothing much has been done over that period to reform it.

• Like 3

I wish Stephen Harding all the best and hope he has a long and happy retirement. He was cleared by two jury's and has had his life on hold for all this time, you do not get time back, a murderer would have been treated better. This lot in power could not run a race please god that they all get the bums rush in September and we get some decent people in power inexperienced ? perhaps.....inexperienced in lying, covering things up, crooked dealing, screwing people to the wall, mismanaging the health service, f.......up the highways by neglect, i.e. Douglas Promenade, wasting money on money losing entertainment, bendy bus's more waste of money and time....I could go on and I am sure others can add to this list.

• Like 3

Easier for you to post them.

What are your terms that you are complaining about vis-a-vis the AG?

You have a gold plated pension. It has cost you more than a lot of Civil Servants who might have worked in the CS at the time you were in the Police but let's not pretend it is poor value. Either in relation to other CS pensions or pension in the real world.

Get real man. I am not going to disclose my personal situation on any forum. You can research yourself as I previously stated and compare pension contributions viz. police, civil service and AG (believe his was non contributory), length of service before being eligible for a pension and at what rate payable. I wasn't complaining but just stating how things are. What do you deem 'gold plated' to be? It may well be for the higher echelons of the police service just like the civil service, but I didn't fit into that bracket.

Also a lot of your posts are "bollocks".

Edited by forestboy
  • Like 1

So it is gold plated.

I had a quick nose. You are clearly retired and with 35 years done . That appears to be 20/60ths of final salary for 20 years. And 30/60ths for the last 15 as it accrues at twice the rate. That is 50/60ths. Assuming it's the 1987 scheme or was there an earlier version?

So it is gold plated.

I had a quick nose. You are clearly retired and with 35 years done . That appears to be 20/60ths of final salary for 20 years. And 30/60ths for the last 15 as it accrues at twice the rate. That is 50/60ths. Assuming it's the 1987 scheme or was there an earlier version?

WRONG