Attorney General Retires On Grounds Of Ill Health

ManxTaxPayer

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Did everyone get their ticket money back from that failed festival?

I heard ( from a man in the pub ) that they didn't and like the tax debt, he had backers just about to fund those debts when the shit hit the fan.:lol:

I don't believe in Santa either.

Man on a horse told me woody is going to stage a weekender in lewaigue in july. All proceeds to charity. The friday featuring some of his favourite big band buddies and in aid of syrian refugees. Main event on saturday in aid of women's rights featuring some of the countless musical babes he's smashed over the years. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The full judgment is now available at: https://www.judgments.im/content/J2001.htm

My favourite excerpts:

In my experience the average sweet shop has superior management information at its disposal.

It is no answer to say that outstanding tax would have been paid but for the conduct of Mr Harding and/or Mr Carter. The Defendants had failed to comply with their obligations to pay tax long before either Mr Harding or Mr Carter came on the scene. In this case I am concerned with the conduct of the Defendants in their handling of taxation prior to the presentation of the winding-up petition. I am not concerned with the conduct of Mr Harding and/or Mr Carter.

In my judgment the evidence overall discloses a company which was operating on a chaotic and hand to mouth basis, with no proper accounting system and no proper records.

• 4 years later...
25 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Are the Irvings being charged for all these appeals, are they going to have to pay the other sides costs. Or is it if we lose declare bankruptcy and go sing for your money 

They’ve been ordered to pay the costs of all the other cases and hearings they’ve lost so far.

The current judgment says, at the end

186. Any ancillary applications by any party are to be filed and served within 14 days from the handing down of this judgment together with concise written submissions in support, and any concise written submissions by the responding party are to be filed and served within 14 days thereafter. The court will determine any such applications on the basis of such written submissions without a further hearing.

So the costs application by Carters has still to be made. Mr Carters costs of representation will be being paid by his PI insurers. I hope they recover most, if not all, as it puts my premiums up if they aren’t.

Im not aware that the Irving’s are legally aided.

• 6 months later...

The AG’s needs a full investigation. Error after error.  Not fit for purpose.

Abbotswood, Ranson, and another one to be announced this week.

Apparently a senior “acting” official had their appointment lapsed in 2017. Didn’t stop them from getting paid, supervising investigations, instituting prosecutions.

All the prosecutions were illegal, null and void.

Expect egg on faces, costs awards, damages.

Rotten to the core.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Truthsayer said:

Apparently a senior “acting” official had their appointment lapsed in 2017. Didn’t stop them from getting paid, supervising investigations, instituting prosecutions.

Rotten to the core.

if thats the case  then a full independent investigation is required  and it should also include those procurement  and construction contracts that  don't seem to be worth a candle   or protect the taxpayer  quite frankly what 77people do in the islands now largest legal practice urgently requires some outside scrutiny  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Truthsayer said:

Rotten to the core.

Expect nothing.

Lessons will be learned. Promotions all round.

• Haha 4

On 5/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, Truthsayer said:

Rotten to the core.

Any more information on this @Truthsayer? It sounds extremely serious. Any idea when it might become public?

On 5/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, Truthsayer said:

unlikely , the illegally issued parking tickets were deemed to be valid by the powers that be, the same will be done here , keep the money and fuck off peasants ,  no need for due process here little people.

Can't really disagree with that assessment, and that knowledge makes it difficult to get worked up about anything. What's the point in caring when it won't lead to anything being done in the public interest?

That said, I'd really like to know a bit more about what @Truthsayer has heard on this, as I have heard some interesting (deeply, deeply concerning) stories regarding staffing in this area.