Food4less

Tempus Fugit

I'm well happy since Shoprite took over, they're excellent for lunchtime choices (salads/sandwiches) - Morrisons/Safeways were shite for that, and personally I love their fruit and veg - exceeded only by M&S IMO, and M&S is a bit pricey to shop in all the time.

I have a fruit salad every morning for brekkie with 8-10 different Food4Less fruits and they're lovely. No complaints whatsoever, and I am always happy to give my money to a Tesco competitor, can't stand that store.

Don't know if it has changed, but last I was in tesco I couldn't find a single Manx spud or any kind of veg. Or Manx eggs; quail or hen. Or Manx flour or water. My main criteria is local produce, and Shoprite always seem to be well ahead.

But even if it wasn't for that I wouldn't shop in tesco, too big, they get 1 of every 7 quid spent in retail without my shopping there too! : P

Slim I don't know how much tesco charge for their imported stale sandwiches, but Shoprite's locally made ones start at 99p. The salad bowls are cheap too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But even if it wasn't for that I wouldn't shop in tesco, too big, they get 1 of every 7 quid spent in retail without my shopping there too! : P

Surely if it's that popular, it must be doing something right?

Slim I don't know how much tesco charge for their imported stale sandwiches, but Shoprite's locally made ones start at 99p. The salad bowls are cheap too.

Don't know, I don't buy either. I get my lunchtime salad from greens. Price isn't the only consideration as far as foods concerned.

Yeah McDonalds must be doing something right too, but I don't go there either. :rolleyes:

I mentioned sandwich prices because of your answer above: "Price." If I worked right by Greens I'd buy their salads too, as it is I work near Food4Less and am happy to buy their sangers and glad of the great choice they have there now. Especially when compared to the 4 or 5 choices Safeways used to have.

They also do loads of pre-prepared potato dishes etc that are Manx and lovely :)

EDIT: LOL Ian

I'm chuffed that you're happy with food4less and all that. I don't buy butties from Tesco, I dislike the idea of any pre-prepared butty really. I do prefer the fruit n veg from tesco generally though, and most of the other stuff. The tesco staff are far more likely to be over 14, under 60 and speak english too.

I'll concede that staff at Shoprite are Craaaap with a capital C. But yeah I'm happy with it, you're not, so what eh. Seems plenty busy enough when I go in, I hope they do well, but time will tell I guess.

Don't ya just luuurve a happy ending?

Or Manx eggs

Farm at Baldrine (on the left hand side direction Laxey) does fantastic (and definitely Manx) Manx eggs, so I've heard.

The more I think about it - the more I think that there would be enough local stuff (and support) to justify a local farmers' market. Wouldn't that be a great thing.

Have you seen that nonsensical sign outside Shoprite/Food4Less?

All our produce is 200% fresh GUARANTEED!

How can anything be 200% fresh?

If the norm is accepted as 100% fresh, and for the average item of food is for example one day after production/picking when it arrives at the other stores, then if it only takes half a day for the other item to arrive after production/picking, then measured against the normal standard of food items, the produce would be twice as fresh - ie 200% the freshness.

Archived